+ Reply to Thread

Default sudden rogaine shed after 2 years of use

Ive been using rogaine for a few years and noticed it has slowed/kind of reversed my hairloss in some places mildly (I think). Anyhow in september I ran out and a refill didnt arrive until 2 weeks later. My hair was fine however after I got back on it a few weeks later i had a pretty bad shed and now my hair is not looking so great.

Is it really possible for hair to change to this degree just by being off of it/getting back on for 2 weeks and will my hair ever go back to what it was and if so how long will it take?

It's a daily use being of something for 2 weeks is a long period and will have an effect on growth cycles. I would just pray and hope the cycles come back.

Yeah, and you've got to realize this is serious stuff. MPB is a medical condition and requires consistent treatment. You can't get lazy about treatment and expect to get good results.

If you are in the United States, you should not have sat around and waited for your shipment of minoxidil to come in. The stuff is available over the counter at any drug store. If you waited because the mail order variant was cheaper, you should have just purchased one bottle or just one box or so to hold you over until your shipment came in.

I know, I know we are all human. I don't particularly like putting the stuff on my head; it's a real pain in the behind, twice and day, every day. But hey, what choice do us men with MPB have? We have to be focused and disciplined about this, for the long haul, if we wish to have any success in treating this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by macster View Post
    Yeah, and you've got to realize this is serious stuff. MPB is a medical condition and requires consistent treatment. You can't get lazy about treatment and expect to get good results.

If you are in the United States, you should not have sat around and waited for your shipment of minoxidil to come in. The stuff is available over the counter at any drug store. If you waited because the mail order variant was cheaper, you should have just purchased one bottle or just one box or so to hold you over until your shipment came in.

I know, I know we are all human. I don't particularly like putting the stuff on my head; it's a real pain in the behind, twice and day, every day. But hey, what choice do us men with MPB have? We have to be focused and disciplined about this, for the long haul, if we wish to have any success in treating this condition.
    unfortunately I dont live in the US and so I have to have it shipped over here