+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Physical exercise to be more confident? I don't see the correlation. Just don't get fat and work on your personality. Way more productive in my opinion.
    Work out regularly for an extended period of time and it will improve almost every aspect of your life. There are more studies than you can count to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Physical exercise to be more confident? I don't see the correlation. Just don't get fat and work on your personality. Way more productive in my opinion.
    In the past women have always complained about pressure to be thin and fit. The tables have turned big time putting a ton of pressure on men. Think about it, women have it easy. The only thing they have to do is not get fat. For a guy that is not even close to being enough. Think about all the shows and movies. All actors are ripped with a six pack. Every damn dude is in shape these days. A guy cant just be thin and be considered in "good shape". So for most guys to feel good about themselves and have confidence they have to be in somewhat good shape just to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Probably no reason for pics. NW7 slick is a pretty absolute point in hair loss.

Messing with treatments would be asinine. I won't even give my opinion on hair systems.

But like others have said: get big, make money, dress well, practice good hygeine.
    NW7 is pretty self explanatory. He says his face is unattractive, let me be the judge. I am not a hair system kind of guy either, but if you are as beat up as Flight is about his hair, a system might be the way to go. Your last comment is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    In the past women have always complained about pressure to be thin and fit. The tables have turned big time putting a ton of pressure on men. Think about it, women have it easy. The only thing they have to do is not get fat. For a guy that is not even close to being enough. Think about all the shows and movies. All actors are ripped with a six pack. Every damn dude is in shape these days. A guy cant just be thin and be considered in "good shape". So for most guys to feel good about themselves and have confidence they have to be in somewhat good shape just to compete.
    I only agree somewhat. It's true with young people who are in the dating game. The world is still fatter than it's ever been. Further, there's still a lot of dudes who won't do what it takes to make money an get in *great* shape. Honestly, I'd probably be in worse shape if I was totally comfortable with my appearance due to rockin NW1. Play the hand your dealt I suppose.

I kindly thank you all for your responses...Duely noted is the 'get big' assertion...

Thank you also for the 'hair system' and 'work on your personality' advice. I will surely first work on personality...Hair system would be great if it was as acceptable as fake teeth or something like that. Somehow, I just feel sad that guys get ridiculed for wanting hair...It's as if we're not masculine for suffering from hair loss.

Again, thank you all, and may God bless you all that you do not suffer the emotional pain hair loss has given me.

Joe from SI, I really know your suffering from hair loss. I do..You are more normal than people think.

Fred, exercising does boost confidence, there are plenty of studies out there. At very least, running has been shown to be as effective an anti-depressant as the best drugs out there.

Flight, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I've seen your other posts, but try and keep your head up. I think something better and a cure are on the horizon, who knows when for sure. Don't get sucked up into thinking your missing the best years of your life in your 20s. If you hate going out and socializing and feel a bit hopeless now and want to stay shut in, instead maybe pick up some hobbies that you can do on your own. Go hiking or mountain climbing, pick up photography, or anythingn in the meantime. I can definitely say being out in nature can make you feel at peace, just be safe of course. Maybe get some traveling out of the way, and then once there are better treatments, get them and start hanging out again.

Im not saying you want to never see people again, but if you feel like you want to hide away from the world, there are still ways of living a great, fulfilling life in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    Fred, exercising does boost confidence, there are plenty of studies out there. At very least, running has been shown to be as effective an anti-depressant as the best drugs out there.

Flight, I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I've seen your other posts, but try and keep your head up. I think something better and a cure are on the horizon, who knows when for sure. Don't get sucked up into thinking your missing the best years of your life in your 20s. If you hate going out and socializing and feel a bit hopeless now and want to stay shut in, instead maybe pick up some hobbies that you can do on your own. Go hiking or mountain climbing, pick up photography, or anythingn in the meantime. I can definitely say being out in nature can make you feel at peace, just be safe of course. Maybe get some traveling out of the way, and then once there are better treatments, get them and start hanging out again.

Im not saying you want to never see people again, but if you feel like you want to hide away from the world, there are still ways of living a great, fulfilling life in the meantime
    Thanks for your response.

I do live in hiding truly. About 95% of the time, I am in hiding. I completely avoid the crowd that I grew up with, all of my relatives, and anyone who knew me before my extensive hair loss.

I have been made fun of so much, that it just hurts...it hurts...So, you are right I do live in hiding, especially from people that I once knew...

And because I do not look good at all, even when I'm in grocery stores,etc. and see a cute girl/woman, I have 0 confidence to say anything or see a cute cashier, I completely avoid that line....

I hope you guys never go through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    In the past women have always complained about pressure to be thin and fit. The tables have turned big time putting a ton of pressure on men. Think about it, women have it easy. The only thing they have to do is not get fat. For a guy that is not even close to being enough.
    A woman, no matter how unattractive, will always find a guy (except for rare occurences). While if a guy is unattractive he'll lead a lonely life.

It's such a load of bull when we're told by females that all they want is a guy who respects them, is a nice guy, and has a great personality. I have a friend who fits that profile exactly, and whenever a girl tells me that load of bull I'll always suggest my friend, but they always go for some attractive guy who treats then like crap instead.

Woemn just want us to think that they aren't superficial, and then blame us guys for being that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    A woman, no matter how unattractive, will always find a guy (except for rare occurences). While if a guy is unattractive he'll lead a lonely life.

It's such a load of bull when we're told by females that all they want is a guy who respects them, is a nice guy, and has a great personality. I have a friend who fits that profile exactly, and whenever a girl tells me that load of bull I'll always suggest my friend, but they always go for some attractive guy who treats then like crap instead.

Woemn just want us to think that they aren't superficial, and then blame us guys for being that way.
    That is what I think too. Now there are always the exceptions. For the most part women want guys that have a good sense of humor, kind, attractive with a six pack.

FlightTL, I used to give you crap because I thought you were a troll. Now I think you really are depressed about your hair loss. I just hope one day you get sick and tired of being depressed and you say screw this and start doing what you need to do to make yourself feel better about yourself. This can happen, but you have to be able to take that first step.