+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Hell no I never told my girlfriend I wasn't happy with anything. That would be suicide. I just kind of wish somebody had my back when it came to my hair. I seriously didn't know this crap was this bad until a few months back. I saw the frontal recession, but was clueless how bad the rest was. If somebody would have pulled me aside a few years ago I could be in much better shape. I get what you are saying though. Making recommendations to get stuff "fixed" is just effed up.
    Yeah, I'm still fighting to get back the girl I did that with (for other, but comparable reasons). I kind of went 'no filter' with her because I didn't give a shit at the point we were at together and thought she'd appreciate bluntness -- whoops.

But yeah, I don't really regret what I said earlier. I guess maybe she doesn't understand how frustrating balding is and how little there is we can do about it (the inverse of the situation I just described).

Quote Originally Posted by luccca186 View Post
    My wife thinks I should start doing something about my receding hairline. She also thinks my cowlick is turning into a bald spot. Is she correct? I think I should start to do something now before it’s too late. Also it will make the wife happy. Other than Rogaine and Propecia, can you guys recommend other options? I am a little on the fence with finasteride due to its side effect. But it seemed to be the best option other than hair transplant. What are your thoughts guys? Thanks.

Attachment 24263

Attachment 24264
    Your first pic looks a LOT like mine did years ago. Mine also started on the right side and moved over to the left as it progressed. There must be something about the cowlick area as when I was about 26-27 a friend, not really a girlfriend more of a FWB friend accurately predicted I would begin to bald in that area..in about 10 years and that it would move from right to left. Which is exactly what happened. Now the difference is that she was kinda nuts I guess as she liked mpb and hoped I wouldn't fight it.

As far as your situation goes, I would do what YOU want to do? If YOU want to keep your hair, then by all means start doing something now. Over time that area will expand and turn into a bald spot if you don't treat it.

I can tell you for me, propecia is the only thing that truly has stopped the expansion for me. I tried minox alone and it works well, but I still expanded over time so I am now back on propecia at a low dose. You may consider that if you have concerns.

Does you wife really know anything about mpb? Some women honestly don't and don't realize it's basically happens to virtually all white males eventually. And until recently, it was basically impossible to stop. Good luck with whatever you decide...

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Your first pic looks a LOT like mine did years ago. Mine also started on the right side and moved over to the left as it progressed. There must be something about the cowlick area as when I was about 26-27 a friend, not really a girlfriend more of a FWB friend accurately predicted I would begin to bald in that area..in about 10 years and that it would move from right to left. Which is exactly what happened. Now the difference is that she was kinda nuts I guess as she liked mpb and hoped I wouldn't fight it.

As far as your situation goes, I would do what YOU want to do? If YOU want to keep your hair, then by all means start doing something now. Over time that area will expand and turn into a bald spot if you don't treat it.

I can tell you for me, propecia is the only thing that truly has stopped the expansion for me. I tried minox alone and it works well, but I still expanded over time so I am now back on propecia at a low dose. You may consider that if you have concerns.

Does you wife really know anything about mpb? Some women honestly don't and don't realize it's basically happens to virtually all white males eventually. And until recently, it was basically impossible to stop. Good luck with whatever you decide...
    You should have married your FWB, so you wouldn't have to worry about fighting hair loss. She would probably think you were a god right about now if you never started treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    You should have married your FWB, so you wouldn't have to worry about fighting hair loss. She would probably think you were a god right about now if you never started treatment.
    Ha..well I wish I had too as she was very attractive. And while young guys are right that some young women won't tolerate mpb, this girl was 23-24 at the time and did honestly seem to like it..probably because her dad was completely bald by 40. She worked part time in a doctor's office and knew all about minox and propecia (it was called proscar back then) . She did say she hoped I would not be like her brother and try and fight it and insisted that it was normal and happened to almost all men. I guess the only negative thing she said was even though I had just as much/thick hair as her, she was sure I would bald in the back eventually. And like I said she was right about the area and time when it started..not sure if that was a lucky guess or something she learned from her dr.

But regardless not all young women hate mpb, that I am sure of.

Really all you can do is Finasteride/Dutasteride.

Also your wife better be f***ing gorgeous to be getting on you for balding.

Aside from balding, men age MUCH better than women. Which is why you see girls my age (18) still talking about 50 year old Brad Pitt and George Clooney but once an actress hits 30 she disappears.

I my observation, every wife cares her husband's hair style. So your wife is not the one to blame.

I have the same problem.

After graduate, I have do my business to run a online shop that sells game golds. www.live4mmo.com. Because that I have to face computer everyday, my hair are less and less. My wife and I are very worried about it.
    I have tried a kind of herbs, but it didn't work. Later I give up the therapy. Rather I do execises everyday and find every way to relax myself. About two months later, my hair are well as before.

You must do something to rescue your hair, not just to satisfy your wife but for yourself. There many reasons accounting for your hair. But pressure may be the biggest reason. So you should learn to relax yourself in your leisure time and do sports.

If you still have any questions, please connect me.

Good luck to you.

Thumbs up

Hi, I'm back.Nice to see you again here! How about your hair now? Trust you are well!

I'm running a new tint tools online store now,http://www.tintingtool.com/,just let me know if you have any good advice,thank you very much!

How's everything? In my opinion, you just need to accept that you are going to be bald someday. Lol Anyway, aside from other recommendations, perhaps you need to stay away from stress. This will help somehow.