+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    So..I'm a 17 year old guy who is basically a nw3 / 2.5, and well, i really want to do my best to stop my hairline from receding more and losing more so i have strongly been considering fin for a while now but i have a few questions.

1. What impact could using fin have on the development of my body? For being 17 i would say my body is pretty well developed (i wouldn't be balding otherwise). I can almost grow a full beard, i have fully developed body hair etc. But would getting on fin stop the development of my beard?

2. Does anyone have any experience with Fincar from inhousepharmacy? At 6 dollars per month it is by far the most economically viable option for a 17 year old. If i were to get propecia on a script here in sweden i would have to pay around 75 dollars a month + i probably wouldn't be able to get it until i'm 18 in a year.

3. If i were to start taking fin, should i immeaditaly take a full 1 mg per day? Or should i taper on by taking one every couple of days and slowly starting to take more often?

Any help is appreciated
    1- If you are done w/ puberty, do not worry about it. There is a log on another forum where a 17 year old went on dut & he was fine. TBH even if it had a mild effect on developing masculine traits, this is nothing compared to the effect of balding on your appearance

2- No experience w/ that brand. At least in the USA there are docs who have prescribed fin to guys under 18....might be this way in your country too

3- Just start on the full dose. If you get unacceptable sides you can stop & try restarting on a taper schedule

I would consider dut since NW2.5-3 @ age 17 is very aggressive loss. Only issue I can see with it is that your brain is still developing until 26ish & dut inhibits a type of 5-ar involved in producing neurosteroids. It rly is a b*tch of a situation, best of luck to you

The bad thing with finasteride is that you have to go see a doctor every so many months when your script runs out for the rest of your life or something better comes out. So it ends up costing a doctors appointment plus the very high cost of propecia since most docs wont write you a generic script. So its tempting for a cosmetic thing to buy online, but its really not a good idea no matter how many people say they had nut ache so they think its legit. Its not legal and nothing they do is really regulated its just a jungle of lies.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    The bad thing with finasteride is that you have to go see a doctor every so many months when your script runs out for the rest of your life or something better comes out. So it ends up costing a doctors appointment plus the very high cost of propecia since most docs wont write you a generic script. So its tempting for a cosmetic thing to buy online, but its really not a good idea no matter how many people say they had nut ache so they think its legit. Its not legal and nothing they do is really regulated its just a jungle of lies.
    My doc wrote a prescription for a year. I see my Dr. every year anyway so not much of a big deal. I could be wrong, but if you go to a pharmacy isn't it your choice whether you buy generic. My pharmacist asked me which one I wanted. I agree with what you say about buying online. Who knows what we are getting and if we get harmed, there really is no recourse. With that being said, I am seeing results, so as of now, I am confident I am getting legit stuff.