+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Strongly considering getting on fin but i have a few questions

So..I'm a 17 year old guy who is basically a nw3 / 2.5, and well, i really want to do my best to stop my hairline from receding more and losing more so i have strongly been considering fin for a while now but i have a few questions.

1. What impact could using fin have on the development of my body? For being 17 i would say my body is pretty well developed (i wouldn't be balding otherwise). I can almost grow a full beard, i have fully developed body hair etc. But would getting on fin stop the development of my beard?

2. Does anyone have any experience with Fincar from inhousepharmacy? At 6 dollars per month it is by far the most economically viable option for a 17 year old. If i were to get propecia on a script here in sweden i would have to pay around 75 dollars a month + i probably wouldn't be able to get it until i'm 18 in a year.

3. If i were to start taking fin, should i immeaditaly take a full 1 mg per day? Or should i taper on by taking one every couple of days and slowly starting to take more often?

Any help is appreciated

Go to your doc, get blood tests, a sript for proscar (5mg fin tablets), and start on a low daily or every other day dose and taper up... ie 0.25 EOD for a couple weeks, then every day, then 0.5mg everyday and work your way up to 1mg as long as you have no sides.

1. 17! Damn that is pretty young. Usually I would say you need to jump on fin, but at 17...could be risky. But at NW3 you need to do something and soon before it is too late. I would discuss with your parents and doctor and come to a decision.

2. I have been using fincar from inhouse for 4 months. Its legit.

3. I started taking fin at 1mg from the start with the only side being a mild ball ache, but I was 36 at the time. At 17 I would start at a lower dose.

Quote Originally Posted by iH8d0ugh View Post
    So..I'm a 17 year old guy who is basically a nw3 / 2.5, and well, i really want to do my best to stop my hairline from receding more and losing more so i have strongly been considering fin for a while now but i have a few questions.

1. What impact could using fin have on the development of my body? For being 17 i would say my body is pretty well developed (i wouldn't be balding otherwise). I can almost grow a full beard, i have fully developed body hair etc. But would getting on fin stop the development of my beard?

2. Does anyone have any experience with Fincar from inhousepharmacy? At 6 dollars per month it is by far the most economically viable option for a 17 year old. If i were to get propecia on a script here in sweden i would have to pay around 75 dollars a month + i probably wouldn't be able to get it until i'm 18 in a year.

3. If i were to start taking fin, should i immeaditaly take a full 1 mg per day? Or should i taper on by taking one every couple of days and slowly starting to take more often?

Any help is appreciated
    1. I wouldn't worry about age. Everyone develops differently, as you've already insinuated. Still wouldn't be bad to consult a doc.

2. I use inhouse fincar. I've heard nothing but good things. It gave me the nut/prostate ache it's supposed to initially, in addition to a shed. (I'd say it's legit).

3. If you're going to get on fin, just take that shit. Taper on if it gives you peace of mind. Tapering on for a month isn't going to make a difference hair-wise.

Hi.

I started losing hair around the age of 15-16 or so and I started on propecia a couple days after I turned 17. A year and a month later I have not experienced any negative sides. It has not effected my body hair or facial hair growth that I can tell. I started with and have been taking 1 mg per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Go to your doc, get blood tests, a sript for proscar (5mg fin tablets), and start on a low daily or every other day dose and taper up... ie 0.25 EOD for a couple weeks, then every day, then 0.5mg everyday and work your way up to 1mg as long as you have no sides.
    I'll look into that. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    1. I wouldn't worry about age. Everyone develops differently, as you've already insinuated. Still wouldn't be bad to consult a doc.

2. I use inhouse fincar. I've heard nothing but good things. It gave me the nut/prostate ache it's supposed to initially, in addition to a shed. (I'd say it's legit).

3. If you're going to get on fin, just take that shit. Taper on if it gives you peace of mind. Tapering on for a month isn't going to make a difference hair-wise.
    Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    Hi.

I started losing hair around the age of 15-16 or so and I started on propecia a couple days after I turned 17. A year and a month later I have not experienced any negative sides. It has not effected my body hair or facial hair growth that I can tell. I started with and have been taking 1 mg per day.
    That is awesome. Thanks for the reply!

Hi.

Thank for this. Another success story.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Thank for this. Another success story.
    Has it kept your hair though? Or have you lost ground?