+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    Thanks for the great info!

Do you remember how the machine did the extractions? Was it suction like the Neograft system or mechanical extraction? Or some other mechanism?
    The extraction was done by the ARTAS robot-- so I believe it was mechanical

Oregonbuff, looking at where you were pre-op, and where it appears your new hair line will be, I have to say that looks amazing. Your doctor really made 2,000 grafts go along way. You have a brand new hairline and I already see a big difference in the way it frames your face. Good luck I hope it grows out more for you because it seems you were in a pretty bad stage. Your frontal head looks 20 years younger now. BTW, you have like the same exact eyebrows as me. Good luck, that looks like a good HT.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Oregonbuff, looking at where you were pre-op, and where it appears your new hair line will be, I have to say that looks amazing. Your doctor really made 2,000 grafts go along way. You have a brand new hairline and I already see a big difference in the way it frames your face. Good luck I hope it grows out more for you because it seems you were in a pretty bad stage. Your frontal head looks 20 years younger now. BTW, you have like the same exact eyebrows as me. Good luck, that looks like a good HT.
    I hope not 20 years younger I'm only 26! But thanks, I'm definitely looking forward to the results in the next few months.

Just a quick update with photos now that I am roughly 5 weeks post-op. Happy to answer any questions! Redness is fading, but very slowly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (3).jpg

Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	24778   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (3).jpg

Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	24779   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (3).jpg

Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24780  

You healed very well and as long as the redness is improving, you will be fine IMHO. If it persists, ask your doc about applying a topical steroid cream which in many cases will clear it up.

You're going to look completely different when everything grows out...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    You healed very well and as long as the redness is improving, you will be fine IMHO. If it persists, ask your doc about applying a topical steroid cream which in many cases will clear it up.

You're going to look completely different when everything grows out...
    I can't wait!! I am about back to where I was before the procedure except with growth on the top. I'm trying to be patient and am mostly looking forward to 4-6 weeks from now when it starts blending in more and, if I'm lucky, the transplanted hairs might begin growing.

Hi,
    I apologize for responding to an older thread, but I can't find an answer to this question and I'd like to ask someone with first-hand experience with ARTAS. How do you feel when you're done with the procedure? Are you lucid enough to drive home? Do you need someone with you for the next day as you recover?
    Thank you for any help.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Francis View Post
    Hi,
    I apologize for responding to an older thread, but I can't find an answer to this question and I'd like to ask someone with first-hand experience with ARTAS. How do you feel when you're done with the procedure? Are you lucid enough to drive home? Do you need someone with you for the next day as you recover?
    Thank you for any help.
    Although I can't speak for other clinics, we only use a local. The amount of pain and discomfort varies among men. Our patients leave with a prescription for pain medication, so they can use it if needed. I have had many FUE surgeries and I never have needed anything more than the local, administered during surgery. Large sessions tend to make me more wary of driving, but it generally isn't a problem for me. Many of our patients will have a driver take them the short distance to a hotel where they often lay low for a few days and take pain medication if necessary. To me the post-surgery pain feels like a minor rug burn.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Francis View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you for any help.
    Charles I can tell you that I did have some intense and significant post-op pain but it only lasted the night of the procedure. It began about an hour and a half after leaving the surgeon's office, when I was back in the hotel room. I attributed this to the local anesthetic wearing off. I took two of the twelve pain pills that the doctor had prescribed for me and within half an hour I was feeling better. I only needed to use two more pain pills over the next two days (not in response to pain, but rather to prevent the severe pain like what happened on the first night). I did not have any problem driving 10 minutes back to my hotel or driving to the airport the next morning, so while I did have twelve pain pills prescribed for me, I only ended up needing to use four of them in total.

I did end up using all 7 of the sleeping pills prescribed for me however, just because I wanted to sleep on my back with the donor area against the pillow instead of pressing the grafts against it, and I am not used to falling asleep on my back and felt it difficult to do so for the first week.

I have observed over the years that patients respond differently to pain and anesthesia. There are endless blood vessels and nerves that run throughout the scalp so bleeding and sensation of discomfort will vary.

It had been said that approximately 2/3 of men have a phobia when it comes to needles, and I know firsthand in the military that many men were terribly afraid of the shots and vaccinations one after another. A few even fainted.

Post-op, the anesthesia will wear off within 2-4 hours and why the narcotics are provided. I would say that half of the patients or more use them. Some find that an over-the-counter pain med like Advil or Tylenol works fine, especially extra-strength. Aleeve tends to provide longer term relief especially over night periods of sleep.

Most patients gain full alertness within 8-10 hours of the procedure. The morning following my last procedure, I drove 23 hours back home. I do not advocate doing this however...

I have also observed that most individuals experience a lower level of post-op discomfort with FUE as compared to FUHT. And the donor healing is much quicker IMHO with FUE as well for the obvious reasons.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin