+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Stubble HT hairs not Growing

Hi to all I am now 6 and half months post fue and I have a couple of concerns you veteran ht guys may have experienced.

I had donor hair implanted In-between existing hairs in my frontal third now when I split a parting in my hair where areas that are still thin I can see and have been seeing little stubble hairs that have not grown (as I have monitored a particular area for the last 6 weeks) they seem to have been sitting there around 1-2mm in length,and NOT growing.

Can someone tell me if they are just dead hairs? Or will they kick in and grow? I'm a little confused Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

You should be able to pull them out easily, they will out come out like a needle in warm butter. with no effort. the hairs may be preventing the new ones from growing.

give it a shot.

Thanks Northwest though I feel a little uncomfortable with the thought of pulling the little stubble hairs out...did you have experience with this with your HT and if so what happened did new hairs pop through after??

I was thinking the follicle may be in a dormant/resting phase? And will hopefully KICK IN..

Can anyone else shed any light on this

Hey Slickster,
    I have the same problem, but from having gone to see Dr. Gho. I'm speculating here, but I'm guessing these are the hair production "pausing" while the cellular machinery re-forms in it's new transplanted position, i.e. forming new blood vessels, etc. I'm guessing, but the stubble hair will probably fall out and once the follicle is fully formed in its new position it will produce a new, normal hair.
    For me, some of the transplants grew right away and are now about 2 cm long.

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Hey Slickster,
    I have the same problem, but from having gone to see Dr. Gho. I'm speculating here, but I'm guessing these are the hair production "pausing" while the cellular machinery re-forms in it's new transplanted position, i.e. forming new blood vessels, etc. I'm guessing, but the stubble hair will probably fall out and once the follicle is fully formed in its new position it will produce a new, normal hair.
    For me, some of the transplants grew right away and are now about 2 cm long.
    Hi LT56 thanks for responding so if I can ask how many months post op are you? As I am 6 and half post op..just hoping that your right and that Dr Gho is too.

I presume the sube hair will be pushed out by a NEW follicle that will form and grow underneath? Is this correct( what the dr said)??

Hey Slickster, I'm 3 months post-op. The doctor didn't say, really, about the causes; he just said 7 to 9 months before all the hair starts growing. I'm not sure if a new follicle will push out the old one; I'd guess the body decides based on what is best. It could just continue growing the "stubble hair" or it could start a new one.
    Here is a similar thread for guys who did Dr. Gho's technique. Not sure if this helps, but I thought it might at least give you some comfort.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14485

Why don't you try calling the office where you had the work done? They can give you the best answer.

Thanks LT56 I'll probably do that. Happy growing dude

slickster,

If you slightly pull those hair shafts and they come out without any resistance, than those are dead hair shafts. This is why many doctors want their patients to get a little more aggressive with cleaning the recipient area once the healing has taken place.

If the hair shafts do have resistance, than chances are those shafts are supported by follicles still in the anagen phase.

You are right at the point when most of the regrowth is occurring.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks Gillenator to be honest I would say 80% of my transplanted hairs have grown by now as I started growing before the 3 month point.

I will try and pull on them with some tweezers but it's pretty damn difficulty to get at them In between all the existing hair and transplanted hair but I will try.

I guess I'm going to miss quite a few so my question is will they get pushed out?
    OR will the hairs eventually fall out to be replaced by a new hair?

Am I hindering or killing the follicle by not taking the stubble hairs out?

Sorry about all the questions but at 6 and a half month mark and still have a few concerns.

Thanks

slickster,

Yes, most of those dead hair shafts will not hurt anything unless your scalp identifies them as foreign objects. Sometimes, as rare as it is, the dead hair left in the scalp can at times begin to fester and cause some irritation. White heads can form at the base of the stubbles and even become a tad bit inflamed. This is why more aggressive scrubbing of your scalp while shampooing will remove much of the dead hair shafts.

Using a tweezers to pull them may prove to be too cumbersome so a good scrubbing will do the trick. Use a circular motion when scrubbing. You don't need to apply pressure. Just a slow circular motion will dislodge most of the dead hair and rinse off with the suds.

And yes, the new hair shafts can push out the dead hair shafts but the regrowth may be a bit delayed because of the obstruction.

And no, it won't hurt the follicles nor will you kill them by leaving the dead hair in your scalp.

Feelling a little better my friend?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin