+ Reply to Thread

Default Dutasteride in the U.S. w/o prescription?

Is there a way to get authentic dutasteride in the U.S. without a prescription? My general practitioner--was really isn't knowledgeable about hair loss--doesn't want to prescribe it. Short of going to another doctor, is there an option? Maybe something online?

Thanks!

Also: is there any reason to get Avodart rather than Dutas, Dutagen, or any of the (much cheaper) alternatives?

Thanks!

You can get it from inhouse.

And here is my "theory" on which brand....
    Inhouse sell avodart, duprost, dutas and dutagen.
    Avodart is exxy. $4 a day. Also being the original and most expensive, counterfeits maybe an issue? So I did strike that off my list.
    Dutagen is made by Ranbaxy. A manufacter fined for QC issues back in May. So I did strike that off my list too.
    At the time I started, 2 and a half months ago, there was only one Dut type left to try at inhouse and that was Dutas by Dr Reddy. I researched on this forum and business websites for the manufacturer. All checked out fine, so I dove in.
    Now inhouse sell Duprost by Cipla as well. Cipla is a well known generic manufacture. Knowing this, I wouldn't hesitate trying these.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarPowered Man View Post
    You can get it from inhouse.

And here is my "theory" on which brand....
    Inhouse sell avodart, duprost, dutas and dutagen.
    Avodart is exxy. $4 a day. Also being the original and most expensive, counterfeits maybe an issue? So I did strike that off my list.
    Dutagen is made by Ranbaxy. A manufacter fined for QC issues back in May. So I did strike that off my list too.
    At the time I started, 2 and a half months ago, there was only one Dut type left to try at inhouse and that was Dutas by Dr Reddy. I researched on this forum and business websites for the manufacturer. All checked out fine, so I dove in.
    Now inhouse sell Duprost by Cipla as well. Cipla is a well known generic manufacture. Knowing this, I wouldn't hesitate trying these.
    Agreed. I believe some on this forum have been taking Dutas and have had their chemistry checked before and after and do report appropriate lowering of DHT. I started out on perscription fin and switched to Dut after a couple years. I did notice some nipple tenderness that went away after a few days/week. All this sorta adds to my confidence that it's legit.

Thanks, guys! I actually wrangled my GP into prescribing Avodart, so I had my first dose this morning. Super expensive, but whatever. Isn't it incredible how much we're willing to sink into our hair? Right now I'm taking Avodart (~$120/mo.), Proscar ($35/mo.), RU ($75/mo.), and minoxidil (~$25/mo.). Plus a few vitamins, PLUS a transplant. Even aside from the aesthetic consideration, guys w/o hair loss have a huge FINANCIAL advantage.

I've decided to order dutas from inhouse. Got the pills today and am going to supplement .5mg dut once a week with fin 6x a week and see what happens over the next 6 months.

Is there any way to verify if the pills are legit?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	24277  

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    I've decided to order dutas from inhouse. Got the pills today and am going to supplement .5mg dut once a week with fin 6x a week and see what happens over the next 6 months.

Is there any way to verify if the pills are legit?
    They are legit, cos they work on me.

I'm so happy my hair is finally growing back