+ Reply to Thread

Default How should I style my hair?

Hello all, I am recently 18 and have been balding for a few years now. I've tried everything available in stores for my hair and all recently tried propecia. After about a week on it I noticed no positive progression just still thinking hair. The thing is I cut my hair (not planned) shorter but my hair line really sticks out now. I don't think I'll look good bald so I'm not sure if I want to shave it off. Is it beneficial to have long or short hair in the balding world, having longer hair helps hide the temple region but does it slow down re growth? Can I condition my hair or put hair products in it? I'm a teenager that's a social butterfly and have to figure out something soon. This kills my self esteem and motivation. I never thought this would happen to me being part Guyanese (similar to India except more badass ) and my mom having such thick healthy hair. I'm the only one on her side of the family going bald. ESPECIALLY since this started in my early teen years. Help please

It takes 8 months to a year to see any kind of benefit from finasteride (propecia). Stay on it for 6 months to a year and you will at least maintain if not get some good regrowth.