+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 26 years old NW3 : tell me what you think

Looking back I guess I started losing my hair when I was 17. My hair was long and thick so I didn't even pay attention to it at the time, had no idea I was going bald. Then when I was 22 my temple points suddenly fell off and that's when the hair loss hit me like a ton of bricks. Losing my temple points made me lose the frame of my face and I hated how I started to look. So I started shaving my head because of how bad it looked to have a low hairline and very high sides. I lost a lot of confidence. I'm thinking about doing a FUE HT in the next year or two. I'd like to go to a NW1, and I really want my temple points back.

What can you tell me by looking at my hair ? Is my hair too thin or is that normal ? Does it look like it's receding more ? I shaved my head using an electrical clipper no guard about a week before taking these pictures

I would say jump on Finasteride asap. The hair on your crown and on top of your head is clearly thinning but you still have it. If you respond well to finasteride all the hair you have will go back to its normal thickness and you may even get some regrowth on your temples. If you respond well to it, the amount of money you have to spend on a HT to fix your hairline would be dramatically less.

Besides most doctors wont let you get a HT without being on finasteride anyway because you would look ridiculous with a good hairline but no hair behind it.

Stabilize your current loss with finasteride then in a year you can see what a HT can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordknight View Post
    I would say jump on Finasteride asap. The hair on your crown and on top of your head is clearly thinning but you still have it. If you respond well to finasteride all the hair you have will go back to its normal thickness and you may even get some regrowth on your temples. If you respond well to it, the amount of money you have to spend on a HT to fix your hairline would be dramatically less.

Besides most doctors wont let you get a HT without being on finasteride anyway because you would look ridiculous with a good hairline but no hair behind it.

Stabilize your current loss with finasteride then in a year you can see what a HT can do for you.
    Amen to this. If you have this pattern at 26, you're probably destined for a higher Norwood; there's clearly a NW6 outline there. Go for the big 3 - finasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordknight View Post

Thank you for the advice but I can't use finasteride due to some health issues I've had in the past. I am trying other things to keep the rest of my hair though like nizoral and rogaine(just started)

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Amen to this. If you have this pattern at 26, you're probably destined for a higher Norwood; there's clearly a NW6 outline there. Go for the big 3 - finasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral.
    Could you please explain the NW6 outline to me ? I just don't know how to see look for it or see it

Quote Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
    Could you please explain the NW6 outline to me ? I just don't know how to see look for it or see it
    NW6 is one step before horse-shoe or "power donut". Basically you have a tad bit of hair on the crown but it's so far back it may as well be an NW7.

I agree with everyone else, get on fin and minox to see if you can't maintain what you have.

I'm almost 26 and not far behind you hairloss wise. In fact our hair lines look pretty identical. I might just have a bit more density. But, I also just applied my 2nd minox application of the day and will be taking my daily dose of finasteride in ~8 hours so, time goes on.

Thank you for the advice but I can't use finasteride due to some health issues I've had in the past. I am trying other things to keep the rest of my hair though like nizoral and rogaine(just started)
    Fin is the only thing we have to help stop loss or slow it down which works very well for most people.

What are the medical issues that prevent you from using fin if you dont mind me asking? To my knowledge the only health issues that interfere with finasteride is some kind of liver problem or an immune system disease such as HIV etc...

If you want to keep it personal thats fine, but if the health reason is you are afraid of side effects or have gotten side effects in the past Id say get on Fin and just do it at a lower dose. I personally only take .25 mg every day and it seems to be working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post

Where I outlined with red corresponds almost exactly with a textbook future NW6 outline.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    NW6 is one step before horse-shoe or "power donut". Basically you have a tad bit of hair on the crown but it's so far back it may as well be an NW7.

I agree with everyone else, get on fin and minox to see if you can't maintain what you have.

I'm almost 26 and not far behind you hairloss wise. In fact our hair lines look pretty identical. I might just have a bit more density. But, I also just applied my 2nd minox application of the day and will be taking my daily dose of finasteride in ~8 hours so, time goes on.
    thanks for explaining it to me.