+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question about washing your hair

OK, this question may sound a bit silly.

I had FUE and I am on Regaine and Propecia. Now I use Regaine in the morning and 12 hours later before I sleep.

How often should I be washing my hair. I am concerned if I wash my hair too often, then I would be washing all the Regaine out, so not benefitting. At the same time, I have been told in the past that if you wash your hair too often with shampoo, it takes all the natural oils, that your head/body produces out, so it can actually make you go bald faster. I don't know if there is any truth to this and this may be an old wives tale.

At the moment, my head has recently felt itchy. I don't want to be an un-hygenic person, but I am probably washing my head twice a week, just mainly because I am probably being over cautious.

Hi ForHair, thanks for your reply.

I am 6 weeks post surgery. My 2nd session.

The truth is, I don't know. There is no way for sure.

I use Regaine, Promecia, Biotin, and going start using MSM. On one level I feel that they could be no "real" benefit. On another level I feel I want to give my hair growth all the help I can. So if it gives it some extra help or boost then great. If not I have wasted say £100 per month.

I really hope it works. The truth is, when I started on this journey of dealing with my hair situation, 15 months ago, I wasn't too bothered. Worse case scenario, I got no growth a lost a couple of thousand pounds. However, as time has passed, I have began to care. Now, I want the hair, and I want to do everything I can, within reason, so that I can have "reasonable" looking hair. I am not expecting look like I was when I was 16. But if I have decent "thickness" so it was not see through, and good hair line, I would be happy. I would look like someone who is starting to lose their hair if that makes any sense.

I am not too bothered about the £100 a month. Because I spend that on a day, on a regularly basis, regularly on what some people would call "recreational" chemicals. I won't say any more on that. I know I shouldn't but i do. It's my own hard earned money. I am not loaning it or robbing a granny, if that makes sense. I was done for a while and it was my "escape".
    Last edited by thinkingaboutit; 12-03-2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: correction

Yes, I meant to say propecia. I had mine done in Turkey. Nowhere famous, abd very cgeap. I am not going to mention names, as I don't want to be advertising anyone unless I am getting paid by them. It's the type of company most forum members would tell you to run a mile from. Anyway, I don't want to start that debate all over again, because loads people take it way too seriously, and I find some people lose then sense of humour or all sense of perspective when they go to forums

Anyway. I had my first FUE done roughly 14/15 months ago. Given that I was close to what some people would call an NW6, it would be considered a success by many. It's all very relative. I had my second session done 6 weeks ago. I will know in 4 months time if it has been "true success" and what I would call a "small miracle". So I will keep you posted. If want to see pictures, then if you see another thread which I commented on, here, http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...=13896&page=14, those pictures were taken a week or so ago.

I am not compl;etely happy yet. I suppose, like another member pointed out to me, when it comes to hair, we all want more. But I have been losing hair recently, so I am going through the hsedding process. So I will know in 6 months to a year, if my FUE has been success. I had hait after first FUE, I just did not have thickness.It seemed link to those that did n't know me, I was going bald, or in the process of losing hair.

I have been advised if all goes well, I will need one final FUE. I will do the final FUE, or the final touches (the way I see it) etc in 14 -16 months time. For the final procedure, I will do research and go to someone well known or has excellent reputation from people in these forums. So let's see how the next 12 months goes, then you will probably see a post from me looking for FUE clinics.

Sorry, one last thing, since we are chatting on this thread. A strange thing, I seem to have noticeable difference in growth in my two sides of my head. For example, the right side of my head seems to be having much better hair growth both in quantity and thickness, and the left side is the opposite. You won't notice it in last weeks pictures on that thread. I am talking about noticeable difference, If took a photo I would assume most people would notice it. Is this normal? Has anyone else heard of people reporting something like this?

I don't want to confuse you or get you to do unnecessary research. So let me explain me situation. I have FUE procedure in September 2012. That was Procedure Number 1. It was a big one and I had almost 3,400 grafts "that's what they say". I had FUE Procedure Number 2 on around 20 October 2013, so about 6 weeks ago, and have about 2,950 grafts, again "that's what they said".

So as you can imagine, my hair is very short, because they shaved my whole head for the Procedure Number 2. The main aim this time was to add some "density" or thickness to my hair/head, and also do the crown area which was left out on the first procedure.

So as you can imagine, both my old hair, from procedure 1, and my new hair from procedure 2, are slowly coming out, and slowly growing. That's why I couldn't understand there being so much more "dense" or "thicker or more hair" on one side of the head compared to the other.

I hope that clears things up for you, at least a little bit.

Thank you. Appreciate your advice.

Bye/Good night.

Hey guys sorry to butt in but I have a quick question regarding somewhat of the same topic. Immediately after my surgery one of the surgeons washed my hair with a medium pressure nozzle. She put a graft back in to place after the wash... I was wondering if anyone else has had a wash right after as it kind of goes against all the research I've done on it. Did that wash do me harm??

I am no expert. But I have never heard of anyone having their hair washed straight after the surgery. What they may do is wet it with one of those water sprays like bottles, but not a power shower. A power shower is a big no no in the first 10 days. I have been told if you use a high strength shower in first 10 days then you should place your hand in between to soften the force. I did not go anywhere near any showers on my head in the first month. I have had 2 surgeries now. I prefer to play it safe when it comes to these kind of things.

I am a bit shocked they used a power shower straight after surgery. Are sure it was a power shower? I am not surprised that grafts moved or had to be put back in place. Was this a new staff member or something?