+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I can only comment based on the pictures I see. I am the first to admit that I have limited knowledge on hair loss. However, what I would say is based on the pictures, you don't seem to balding or losing your hair yet. And if by the comment of the last poster I assume you have been using Propecia and Regaine then it has probably has helped you, because you don't seem to me to be losing hair. You hair is not short so it's hard for me to tell. I started using Propecia and Regaine this year, post HT, and I was an almost NW6 when I had my first HT. I started the meds 20 years too late. I wish I had started it when I was young like you.

You seem to have done the right thing. Just keep it up. Get some good professional advice. From an "unbiased" professional. Worse case scenario, if it gets worse in a few years, and you are suitable, you have options like HT, or other options that you feel you like/prefer. That's my thoughts or advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Your pic is proof that the stuff works. I made the mistake of not getting on it until more than a decade later. I would post a pic of my proof, but it is way too depressing.
    I knew I had to do something fast because my father was a NW6 within 10 years of his hair loss starting. His started at 35 and by the time he was 50 he was a NW7. My hair loss was very aggressive. I would wake up and there would be 20 hairs on my pillow, and I would be covered in hair when I would get out of the shower. I'm so thankful for propecia otherwise I'd be completely bald in 10 years.

Thanks for the photos my friend. In my amateur opinion you are not going bald.

However, if you dermatologist said it was just 'normal thinning' I would hop on minoxidil right away and get nizoral shampoo once a week.

Dont take finasteride at age 19 unless it gets worse and you consult a doctor.

Good luck and enjoy your hair

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Thanks for the photos my friend. In my amateur opinion you are not going bald.

However, if you dermatologist said it was just 'normal thinning' I would hop on minoxidil right away and get nizoral shampoo once a week.

Dont take finasteride at age 19 unless it gets worse and you consult a doctor.

Good luck and enjoy your hair
    He definitely has thinning of the hairline and of his cowlick. I say this because I have similar (worse) problems and I'm extremely obsessive about it now.

But it's not bad at all, but it definitely is there. I can assure you that 95% of people won't be able to notice anything, and it might even fool you with the right hairstyle. I think how you are currently putting your hair up like that puts focus on the small problems that you have.

Where is is right now should be extremely manageable.

I think you (OP) should try to see if your hair texture suits a more shagged out and layered front, sort of like what aaron paul has in breaking bad as his character before he buzzes it off. It will make your hairline look fuller. I currently am growing in from a buzz to that hair style, and it is doing well to cover a lot of my thinning and recession. For the cowlick thinning in the back, just get the hair around in layered and push it around in the direction your hair is growing and it should help reduce the visibility of it.

I do think that you will need to definitely be on propecia sooner or later, but you might want to wait to see if it gets worse or not (by pictures, not by snap judgement) and maybe start doing minox or nizoral shampoo (a day or two a week)

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    He definitely has thinning of the hairline and of his cowlick. I say this because I have similar (worse) problems and I'm extremely obsessive about it now.

But it's not bad at all, but it definitely is there. I can assure you that 95% of people won't be able to notice anything, and it might even fool you with the right hairstyle. I think how you are currently putting your hair up like that puts focus on the small problems that you have.

Where is is right now should be extremely manageable.

I think you (OP) should try to see if your hair texture suits a more shagged out and layered front, sort of like what aaron paul has in breaking bad as his character before he buzzes it off. It will make your hairline look fuller. I currently am growing in from a buzz to that hair style, and it is doing well to cover a lot of my thinning and recession. For the cowlick thinning in the back, just get the hair around in layered and push it around in the direction your hair is growing and it should help reduce the visibility of it.

I do think that you will need to definitely be on propecia sooner or later, but you might want to wait to see if it gets worse or not (by pictures, not by snap judgement) and maybe start doing minox or nizoral shampoo (a day or two a week)

I have been on propecia for basically a year now.. I turned 19 oct 2nd. I started when I was 18.. so.. I guess I was expecting some new info but ive been told pretty much everything I already knew, just gotta keep up with these products because apparently im to young for a HT. Thanks for comforting me in this hard time.. at least im not the only dealing with this I guess.

I think your hair looks pretty darn good and in fact if you asked me if you were losing your hair according to those last pics I'd likely say "no" or possibly slightly.. stop worrying about it so much.. continue with your Fin and forget about it because other than taking that little cheap pill once a day you have no control over it. Also I have friends that are 40 that have had the same hairline you have since they were 20.. and they don't take anything(that I know of).

Dude u should be happy , my hairline is shredded and I'm 22. With a high forehead and shit hairline i have very limited hairstyle options.Wish I had started treatment when i was 18 but like many others was oblivious. Ur in good shape IMO