+ Reply to Thread

Default Legal action advice

I received a transplant 13 months ago from a IAHRS doctor. I went in with realistic expectations but my growth has been...awful. Now I'm out 15K and really depressed.

My wife is pushing me to take some kind of legal action. I'm not really the type of guy to do this and I don't even know if it would be a viable option. What have you guys done when your growth has been disappointing? Is getting a lawyer even worth my time?

I'd like to maintain some level of anonymity on here, so I hope ya'll understand if I don't answer certain questions or leave some details out. Thanks.

You can't take legal action for poor growth and no attorney would take the case anyway. Why not just speak with the doctor and ask him to rectify the situation. Growth is never guaranteed, but if the growth was poor a partial refund might be in order.

How many grafts, what was your level of loss and can you post some pre-op and post-op pictures so we can help you access the results?

Legal action isn't really going to do anything unless the doctor did something really terrible to your head and even then probably wouldn't do much. Have you voiced your concern with the doctor? I would recommend going to see them and having them evaluate the result, if they are a reputable doctor they will likely work with you if the result was a failure. I personally have a one strike policy with cosmetic surgery, if they don't deliver I would not return, so if this is a failure I would push for a partial or full refund and not a free or discounted second procedure. Again if you post up some pics with identifying features cropped out we can give you our assessment of the procedure and if it does appear to be a failure it will help you out in case the doctor tries to spin it as a success.

Quote Originally Posted by NTMANNN View Post
    I received a transplant 13 months ago from a IAHRS doctor. I went in with realistic expectations but my growth has been...awful. Now I'm out 15K and really depressed.

My wife is pushing me to take some kind of legal action. I'm not really the type of guy to do this and I don't even know if it would be a viable option. What have you guys done when your growth has been disappointing? Is getting a lawyer even worth my time?

I'd like to maintain some level of anonymity on here, so I hope ya'll understand if I don't answer certain questions or leave some details out. Thanks.
    I'm so sorry to hear that man.

The best course of action is probably to work with your doctor and, at the same time, see another physician to get an opinion. It's unlikely that there was malpractice or gross-incompetence involved in your failure, but you never know and you should get everything checked out.

Can you describe the "disappointing" growth? Is it poor growth rates? Thin hair? Bad scars?