+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default TrichoScience | when the cure arrives,we will need the guidance of spencer kobren

as i said on the bald truth radio show last night we had some breaking news in regard to a canadian firm called tricho science. they announced that since the year 2000 they have been experimenting with the cloning of human hair.on september 3 ,2009 they announced that they have been sucessful in the cloning of human hair. they will take a biopsy of 10 to 20 hairs from the scalp and culture them, producing unlimited amounts of hair , for reimplantation back into the scalp. they claim with one or two sessions they can produce a full head of hair. the cost will be approximately 30,000 dollars. there are some well known and respected physcians involved in this project, that are affiliated with new york university hospital and vancouver university in british columbia , canada. as of yet there has been no timeline released. as we all know we have aderans, intercytex and follica also are close to some type of effective treatment ,if not cure. when the cure does come out i believe it will need minimal if any fda or canadian health ministry approval. however let me emphasize this point , that this cloning treatment will be performed in a physcian office or some type of clinic. WE WILL NEED THE GUIDANCE AND ADVICE OF SPENCER KOBREN WHEN THIS TREATMENT DOES BECOME AVALIABLE, BELIEVE ME IT WILL BE DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN, WE WILL HAVE PHYSCIANS AGAIN PERFORMING THIS NEW PROCEDURE INCORRECTLY AND DISFIGURING PEOPLE AND DESTROYING LIFES AGAIN. WE IN THE BALD TRUTH COMMUNITY WILL AVOID THIS FATE, BECAUSE WE HAVE SPENCER KOBREN LOOKING OUT FOR HAIR LOSS SUFFERERS. I WILL NOT MAKE THE SAME TRAGIC MISTAKE AGAIN THAT DESTROYED MY LIFE AND NEITHER WILL YOU MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE BALD TRUTH COMMUNITY. ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOD FOR THAT WONDERFUL AND CARING HUMAN BEING SPENCER KOBREN AND THE BALD TRUTH SHOW .

I heard you on the show last night Joe. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I hope Spencer has these people on the show and gets us some inside info.
    Keep up the good work!
    Paul

Whoa, I haven't heard about this yet. Did this company already announce that their technique works? Have they produced the results that they are claiming? If they have, this should be going to the top of headlines very soon.

Oh my, I really hope this procedure works as well as they claim. As a hopelessly depressed balding 20 year old this gives me hope haha. .....can you get hair transplant loans from the bank? haha. In any case I'm stoked.

Default tricoscience

no way in hell this is legit,if it was,would be such a huge medical advance that you damn sure would'nt here about it second hand on some website,it would be on the 6'oclock news or the cover of time magazine

Looks like the good old hair cloning talk is back!

Joe, you're absolutely right when you say that the procedure, if it ever does become commercially available, will be performed by the same hair transplant doctors that exist in the market today. It is, afterall, not strictly a CURE... a real cure would be something like finding a way to "turn off" the gene responsible for MPH. Somebody needs to transplant those cloned hair in the same manner our donor hair is transplanted.

However, I wouldn't get too excited yet. A quick Google News search on this subject yields no relevant result - that says a lot! So I googled the company and found this:

http://www.trichoscience.com/corporate_news.php

It looks like Sept 3 was the announcement date for completion of the company's initial round of financing. Unlike what you have mentioned, the announcement is pretty clear on where they are - pre-clinical research. They have not done any human clinical trials... yet.

But let's hope for some good news! If this becomes commercially available, anyone who can afford the procedure will be able to sport a full head of hair, unconstrained by things like donor density and scalp laxity!

-FCK (Follically Challenged Kid)

Default trichoscience

i never said that tricho science is the cure, but it does seem much more encouraging then anything that follica , interytex or aderans has announced. i do not believe that a cure is imminent but a viable treatment option far superior then what exists today is certainly coming in the near future. these bio research and pharmaceutical companies are well aware that any improvement over hair loss treatments that currently exist would generate billions of dollars and massive publicity for their firm.

Thumbs up

It looks legit to me. That’s not to say that it’s right around the corner, but I think they’re just another contender in the race for a cure. I’m going to keep my eye on this company.

Default TrichoScience

In response to recent inquiries about the TrichoScience Innovations’ non-surgical hair cell replication procedure, the following link might answer some of your questions:

http://www.trichoscience.com/procedure.php

There is additional information about the company on the rest of the website.

If you would like to stay current with new developments, we suggest you sign up on the site to receive news.

Thank you for your interest.

TrichoScience Innovations

Wow, a response directly from TrichoScience...

Looks like I misunderstood how this procedure worked. After scanning through that page, it seems that, if this procedure really works and becomes commercially available, it is going to put a lot of HT surgeons out of business... I reckon the top docs will still find a way to get involved though. Besides, I can think of so many aspects that needs to be addressed in terms of cosmetics, like finding a way for those cells to grow hair in the right direction so as to replicate how it was like before the hairloss...

Hmmm, growing all of your hair back without any invasive surgery... Sounds too good to be true! The entire hairloss community will be hoping for your success (and hence our own)! Hope this comes to the market soon... (my hair seems to thin by the day )

-FCK (Follically Challenged Kid)