TrichoScience | when the cure arrives,we will need the guidance of spencer kobren

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
    In my view, if the cost is $30,000 then it's not a "cure", because it's out of the reach of 99% of people. Polio is cured in the first world, but not in parts of Asia and Africa because they don't have access to the medication and are therefore still suffering.
    chrisis; curious where you're getting the $30,000 figure from?

Comment

• chrisis
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
      chrisis; curious where you're getting the $30,000 figure from?
      In the original post from Joe. I'm not sure where he's got it from but I think I'd read it elsewhere.

That said, I read also that replicel said it would be "competitive" with current treatments. If that's the case then I'd consider $30,000 too much. $10,000 would be competitive. I'm sure there are factors to bear in mind, such as extent of hair loss, but that's true of hair transplants.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
        In my view, if the cost is $30,000 then it's not a "cure", because it's out of the reach of 99% of people. Polio is cured in the first world, but not in parts of Asia and Africa because they don't have access to the medication and are therefore still suffering.
        who said 30K? Even if it is 30K for a FULL HEAD OF HAIR, then it's still worth it...
        30K US dollars is less than a year's salary in most developed countries...

Comment

• chrisis
          • Feb 2012

So what if 30k is less than average salary, it's still prohibitively expensive for most people since hair loss is not a life-threatening condition and many don't care as much as we do.

Not many people can afford to blow a year's salary out of typical working career of 40-50 years on just their hair, when they have other more pressing concerns.

Be real.

Comment

Working...