X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clark Kent
    • Nov 2013

HT's & working out!

Hey guys,

I am a 21 year old male who just had his first hair transplant 11 days ago... lucky me. Over the past 9 months fitness has become a huge part of my life. I lost a solid amount of weight and packed on some lean muscle and i must admit my body is looking good. I was wondering how long people have waited before lifting weights again. these past days have been really tough and i feel like all my prior hard work is going to waste. dr wong's staff told me 4 months for light lifting and 6 for heavy... I find that a little far fetched. my surgery was strip, 4100 grafts.

any thoughts, suggestions, opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks!
  • Jotronic
    • Nov 2008

Hey Clark,

I think you may have misheard or maybe someone mispoke but your down time should be 4 weeks for light weights then 6 weeks for heavy weights.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

• Delphi
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Clark Kent
      Hey guys,

I am a 21 year old male who just had his first hair transplant 11 days ago... lucky me. Over the past 9 months fitness has become a huge part of my life. I lost a solid amount of weight and packed on some lean muscle and i must admit my body is looking good. I was wondering how long people have waited before lifting weights again. these past days have been really tough and i feel like all my prior hard work is going to waste. dr wong's staff told me 4 months for light lifting and 6 for heavy... I find that a little far fetched. my surgery was strip, 4100 grafts.

any thoughts, suggestions, opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated
      Thanks!
      I would listen to Dr. Wong. Ask how soon you can start with resistant band training. You'll be able to maintain and even build with a good resistant band routine and diet. You don't need to lift heavy to maintain or even add some lean mass. That's old school thinking.

Comment

• Clark Kent
        • Nov 2013

the girl that said it to me seemed quite certain as i was pretty shocked and asked her if she was sure. I go in tomorrow to get my staples removed so i'll be sure to ask dr wong himself.

Comment

Working...