+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Lost more hair after hair transplant

I have undergone hair transplant a month ago and the total graft units transplanted were 3000 units. 10 days after the surgery, the sticthes were removed and I started taking propecia. Then a week after that, I went for a session of laser treatment and started using Regaine. However, during this period of time (until now), I noticed that my hair falls off in an amount that is 2 times more than before.

Now it seems that I have lesser hair than before the HT. I have asked my doctor and she said that such symptom mostly only happened to female patients and she had hardly come across any male patients facing this problem, but she assure me that it is nothing to be worried about as everything will be stabilized after 2 months.

I have paid a high price, in terms of money and going thru the agony, and I am very, very worried that things are not going to turn out well...

Is there anyone who has had the same experience like I do or knows anything about this? Can give me some advice or tell me if this condition is normal please....?

Very depressed sadman...

Default Sounds Normal

I haven't had the same experience but I have read about this many times and have heard about it on the Bald Truth Radio Show It sounds like two things might be going on.

1.You could be suffering with some temporary shock loss from the hair transplant.
    2.Most people start to shed when the begin to use Minoxodil.

Both situations should resolve themselves in a few months.
    Who did your surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I haven't had the same experience but I have read about this many times and have heard about it on the Bald Truth Radio Show It sounds like two things might be going on.

1.You could be suffering with some temporary shock loss from the hair transplant.
    2.Most people start to shed when the begin to use Minoxodil.

Both situations should resolve themselves in a few months.
    Who did your surgery?
    Hi PayDay, thanks for your reply. I have moved around this forum yesterday after starting this thread (should have done that earlier) and found another thread started by Crown Exposed. It seems that he have had gone through (or perhaps still going through) this process of shedding too. After reading his thread and together with your explanation, I am feeling much assured now

My procedure was done in Singapore, so don't think you would know who the doctor is. Anyway, her name is Dr Eileen Tan. Not many doctors here do HT, and out of those few, Dr Eileen's clinic is one of those most publicized one.

By the way, if you don't mind I ask, how long was it since your HT was done, and how's the result now?

Its sounds like a classic shed /shockloss combo.

Shockloss:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=230

When you start meds it can cause shedding to.

Quote Originally Posted by sadman View Post
    Hi PayDay, thanks for your reply. I have moved around this forum yesterday after starting this thread (should have done that earlier) and found another thread started by Crown Exposed. It seems that he have had gone through (or perhaps still going through) this process of shedding too. After reading his thread and together with your explanation, I am feeling much assured now

My procedure was done in Singapore, so don't think you would know who the doctor is. Anyway, her name is Dr Eileen Tan. Not many doctors here do HT, and out of those few, Dr Eileen's clinic is one of those most publicized one.

By the way, if you don't mind I ask, how long was it since your HT was done, and how's the result now?
    I haven't had a hair transplant yet, but I am seriously considering having one in the near future. If you want to learn a bit more about me you can read it here. It's not exciting, I'm just a guy who has been wrestling with hair loss for a long time.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=126

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    I haven't had a hair transplant yet, but I am seriously considering having one in the near future. If you want to learn a bit more about me you can read it here. It's not exciting, I'm just a guy who has been wrestling with hair loss for a long time.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=126
    I have read your story, thanks for sharing!
    Do you have any side effects from taking propecia? I have been taking it (1mg) for about 3 weeks only and I can feel that there is a decrease in sex drive, erection doesn't come as easy as before and doesn't stay hard as long as before too.

I have read that some cut their pills into 2 or 4 smaller pieces. Let's say if I were to cut the pill into half and by taking just half the pill, will it still be able to hold the hair and drop the sides? Any idea?

I, too, had additional hair loss since my procedure. I'm appr. two months out so still waiting, but from everything I've read, I don't think its anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by sadman View Post
    I have undergone hair transplant a month ago and the total graft units transplanted were 3000 units. 10 days after the surgery, the sticthes were removed and I started taking propecia. Then a week after that, I went for a session of laser treatment and started using Regaine. However, during this period of time (until now), I noticed that my hair falls off in an amount that is 2 times more than before.

Now it seems that I have lesser hair than before the HT. I have asked my doctor and she said that such symptom mostly only happened to female patients and she had hardly come across any male patients facing this problem, but she assure me that it is nothing to be worried about as everything will be stabilized after 2 months.

I have paid a high price, in terms of money and going thru the agony, and I am very, very worried that things are not going to turn out well...

Is there anyone who has had the same experience like I do or knows anything about this? Can give me some advice or tell me if this condition is normal please....?

Very depressed sadman...
    hey man, i am also v stressed over my hair probs. receding in front. was researching and chanced upon dr eileen tan. so far, her reviews all v positive, so i m not sure if wat u r going thru is something part and parcel of it... anyway how u doing so far?

IMHO, it's always better to get on the meds first to see how one responds to them before having any surgery.

I also concur with the opinion that you are experiencing shockloss and possibly a shed at the same time.

You should look much better in 4-6 months from now.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by wb280 View Post
    hey man, i am also v stressed over my hair probs. receding in front. was researching and chanced upon dr eileen tan. so far, her reviews all v positive, so i m not sure if wat u r going thru is something part and parcel of it... anyway how u doing so far?
    Well, I do see some very fine hair coming out around the hairline area and I think it is the minoxidil that is taking it's effect. As for the shedding, it has not stopped yet and my hair looks lesser than before. Quite sad to see that, but so far what I have gathered is that this is what everyone who has gone thru HT has to go thru. It is only 1.5 month since my HT was done, so I think there is nothing else I could do but wait.