+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I already posted this on ***, but I want to gather as much opinions as possible from people who don't beat around the bush when it comes to hair loss, we all know here it's ugly and we hate it. But my case might be different.

I have a hair transplant scheduled in a few months and all things considered, I really wonder if I should do it. I mean, it's a lot of money (2 x 5000 €) for not much of difference for me. I'm scared of the scarring (it would FUE though, but still, white dots). I've been losing my hair diffusely and quite aggressively in a diffuse only pattern (no receding at all) since I was 17. I'm now 24 with a few hundred hairs left in the NW5 area.

Here's what I look like now, well the first one is from 2013, the second 2012 and the last one 2011:

I just, I don't know, I'm 190 cm (6" 3'), blue eyes (it seems to be a plus when you're bald), in shape, girls still tell me I'm quite good looking despite of my NW5. I slept with two different girls only this week. Social life is great, my friends are great. People don't seem to treat me differently because I'm bald. The only hurdles I've encountered are some drunks in bars insulting me for being bald, or people in public places talking about hair loss behind my back because they saw me. Clearly, I think I shouldn't be going for a transplant for those futilities.

I'm worried about my well-being here. Would not getting a HT now impact my life in a bad way? Would getting it be beneficial in any way?

Based on my pictures and what I said, what's your honest opinion about this? Should I do it? Should I cancel it? Thank you in advance for your replies.
    Man you're lucky to have such a great shaped head, you can really pull off the look. Honestly if I seen you walking down the street (particulary as somebody not as well up on this stuff, as 99% of people aren't), I wouldn't be thinking NW5, it would be more along the lines of = just another young bloke with a shaved head.

Still though, keep up the good fight, however just rest assured that you can still pull off the look, unlike some of us

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    My suggestion is to get it but only if you're going to actually try to halt your hair loss on top of getting an HT. I'm thinking of getting FUE for real cheap with an ISHRS surgeon in India so money is not an issue in my case.You cite the price as an issue, I suggest you look at ISRHS doctors in Turkey and India..
    Good point on India, both Dr. Bhatti and Dr. Madhu are members of the IAHRS and Dr. Madhu is the first Indian doctor to pass the American Board Certification in hair restoration surgery. Bhatti is something like $1.2 per FUE graft and about $2.4 per FUE body hair grafts. Madhu is 50 Indian Rupees per FUT graft which at 5,000 FUT grafts which works out at $4,000 or about €2,900.

I think Madhu charges a good bit more than $0.80 for FUE grafts, but really at anything post-NW3, doesn't FUT work out better for coverage? You can also just fill in the scar, or even get SMP to cover the scar - not to mention making the hair look denser, killing two birds with the same stone in other words.

Also before anybody goes on the BS bandwagon that "if it's not more expensive than a mortgage down payment then it's not ....rabble rabble", Dr. Madhu and Dr. Bhatti are both qualified and renowned surgeons approved by the IAHRS , and in Madhu's case the ABHRS. I believe Madhu is even toted as the best hair transplant surgeon in India and is even chosen to work on celebrities and business folk in India. Dr. Bhatti also has the FLUTE technique, which you could look into.

However, don't let all of that deter any of the usual suspects from sprouting the usual crap about Asian doctors

I would not do it at all. People have told you that you pull off the look very well and I totally agree. Also, you do have plenty of stubble on top which makes all the difference in the world. You have a Vin Diesel hair pattern as opposed to one of George Costanza, and that means everything. You said you slept with 2 different girls last week and your social life is vibrant. I think by getting a hair transplant would just give you plenty of unnecessary headaches. There are so many flaws with HT's today (inability to create anything close to a full head of hair, invasive surgery, need to be on finasteride) that I think you would be giving yourself unnecessary headaches by going through with it. You said yourself that your life is good; don't not f**k with good enough.

I would absolutely not get a ht. You look great now.

If you look fine with a shaved head, are tall, and have good looks. Then don't get a HT. Apart from the cost, you might be taking on a year of anxiety and self-consciousness as you sit with the uncertainty while waiting for it to grow in. And it can't really be reversed (not without further cost, scarring, and unpleasantness). You don't want to get into your 30s or 40s or 50s and discover that there's not enough donor hair to fill in the gaps. From my own experience I think it is better to accept, own, and like your baldness (chicks will dig this anyway). And focus on taking care of the rest of your body and especially taking care of your skin (never too much sun, eat well and not much sugar, exercise, and moisturize regularly). Well that's my 2 cents anyways. Good luck!

Grow it slightly and Use minoxidil and dye it a darker shade if you want to have and look like you have more hair. You dont need a Ht.

Thanks for the positive comments.

I've already been using minoxidil for more than 4 years now.

saw this thread again...

quick question, where is your hairline in respects to thickness/nw level?

I'm curious because you kind of just look like a dude with mild hair loss (from these pictures) and shaved it for the clean look. I understand you do this for necessity because it's must more progressed than that - but this is my naive perspective and first look.

In fact, I have one of most aggressive hair loss you could see for a 24 year old man.

Dr. Bisanga refused to perform a FUE on me because I was too bald as such a young age.

A few hairs (and I mean really a few, like a 100) at the front create this illusion of mild hair loss, my hairline never really moved at all.

When I let it grow for more than 2 weeks, I look like I'm diseased.

Here's a not so flattering picture of me taken a year ago:

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Fred970, There is no question that you are a good looking guy REGARDLESS of your thinning hair. Your one of the lucky ones Fred, dont disregard this fact.

The framing of your face and structure of your head overall is 'perfect' for handling hair loss/thinning..
    If you were to shave it all off your good looks would not change my friend!
    What NW scale are you at based on your personal opinion and what a doctor may have told you?

Maybe you should consider holding off on that HT for just a little while longer. It would not hurt to see what new treatment maybe probable this year 2014.
    Im sorry that i have not read through everything but, which doctor were you planning to be involved with?
    Thanks for posting your images my friend...Cheers!