+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

SMP might still be a safer option for me, I've been turned in Belgium for it though. Maybe I should try to go to Milena Lardi in Milan to see if it's possible.

Anyway, thank you all for your replies. It's quite unanimous, even for my friends and relatives, they suggest me not to do it.

Yeah dude, I am going to pile on and say you pull off the bald look pretty damn good. I am not just saying that because I am a member of the balding brotherhood. As far as the drunks at the bar giving you shit, eff them. Take it as a compliment. You must have been looking like a damn stud if all they had to pick on you with was your hair. Who the hell goes to a bar to hate on dudes anyway...losers do.

Make sure you are on rogaine/propecia, or if you don't want to take propecia, at least use the rogaine. You may be able to hold onto what you have for the next decade or so just with medication and heck, maybe even just with rogaine alone. Since you cut your hair short, you scalp will do a good job at absorbing all the rogaine and it won't get wasted getting stuck on your hair.

Getting cut is a big commitment and an expensive one. Maybe just the rogaine by itself will do the job.

Best of luck,

Macster

I forgot to mention that I've been on rogaine for more than 4 years now, the hairs that are left are probably there thanks to it. Propecia is forbidden for me since I've had gynecomastia surgery a year ago.

Thank you!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I forgot to mention that I've been on rogaine for more than 4 years now, the hairs that are left are probably there thanks to it. Propecia is forbidden for me since I've had gynecomastia surgery a year ago.

Thank you!
    Yesterday, we had a patient in who has significant hair loss on both sides of his family. At 40, he has only very minor thinning on top. He has had around 4,000 grafts placed on the front and top of his head over the years beginning in 2004. I think in his case he got the good hair gene because normally, high Norwoods on your mother and father's side create a situation where there simply isn't enough donor hair to cover the balding areas. I spoke with our patient in the surgery room and he gave me a detailed summary of his hair maintenance regimen. In his case, I think his excellent hair is more genetic good fortune than regimen. It certainly doesn't hurt to experiment with safe treatments to see what could be effective though. I have found personally that when I promote good blood circulation with Rogaine, massage, and scalp exercises, my hair grows noticeably thicker. Our patient told me that he alternates shampoos. For instance he will use Hair Cycle for a week, switch to Nioxin for a week, then use Nizoral for one day. He told me that he uses Rogaine mixed with Propecia and Avodart topically. I asked Dr. Cole about that today and he doesn't believe it is absorbed through the skin to the degree that it could be effective. It doesn't hurt to try different safe treatments. What isn't that effective for one man will work for another.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

About 1,000 people can tell me I look good, 'don't get HT', 'it's a mistake', and I would still do it. For me, it's a personal choice. It's something that bothers me and has been bothering me since 16(now 24). And it's something I want to get rid of and put in my past. I don't want to hear the eternal "you're going bald" comments from family members and friends anymore, I don't want to hide my head from the public. And yes like you I have also overheard people talking about balding when they saw my bald spot in the back. I want that all gone and no matter what people suggest I want to get rid of it now.

My suggestion is to get it but only if you're going to actually try to halt your hair loss on top of getting an HT. I'm thinking of getting FUE for real cheap with an ISHRS surgeon in India so money is not an issue in my case.You cite the price as an issue, I suggest you look at ISRHS doctors in Turkey and India.

Anyway, my advice is to get it if you feel it is the right thing and if it will make you feel better about yourself, not if any one else feels if you should do it or not.

............. Social life is great, my friends are great. People don't seem to treat me differently because I'm bald. The only hurdles I've encountered are some drunks in bars insulting me for being bald, or people in public places talking about hair loss behind my back because they saw me. Clearly, I think I shouldn't be going for a transplant for those futilities.

I'm worried about my well-being here. Would not getting a HT now impact my life in a bad way? Would getting it be beneficial in any way?

Based on my pictures and what I said, what's your honest opinion about this? Should I do it? Should I cancel it? Thank you in advance for your replies.
    You answered your question already

" social life is great "
    "..Clearly, I think I shouldn't be going for a transplant "

IMO Cancel

You look fine and it doesn't seem to bother you so don't get it .

Thanks for your comments. I'm think I'm not going to do it, at least for now.

I forgot it was not possible to edit the threads after some time here, could a moderator just remove the pictures from the thread please?

Hi fred!

I feel like I know you already from reading the *** forums, even though I'm not on that forum lol I've been reading all the forums for years.

Just wanted to say, you look great with buzzed hair in your pics

Dare I say, you don't even look nw5, as you have some hair on top and I can clearly see your hairline in pic number 2.
    Maybe rogaine is working it's magic, who knows.

I think I didn't reply before, as the answer seems unanimous already and as Dave52 has answered another point so clealy and concisely.

I slept with two different girls only this week. Social life is great, my friends are great. People don't seem to treat me differently because I'm bald.
    Sounds wonderful, good for you! You are living life to the full.

So the only thing left is your occasional worry about drunk jerks, and overhearing conversations in public.
    In that repsect, I think the only thing you might possibly need to do at the moment is to understand more about the psychology of people. It's not essential, it just might make it easier to deal with such comments.

In regards to 'people in public places' - it just sounds like people notice something like a buzz cut and it sparks a conversation. Simple as that. It's not necessarily aimed at you, don't think of it as any sort of attack.

As for drunks in bars, as Notcoolanymore said:

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Take it as a compliment. You must have been looking like a damn stud if all they had to pick on you with was your hair. Who the hell goes to a bar to hate on dudes anyway...losers do.
    Exactly. It might also help to understand the psychology of drunk jerks. There are various possible reasons, they may want to incite a negative reaction from you, or a positive reaction from their peers or anyone who will listen. Or both.
    If it wasn't hair, they would likely just choose any other trait, like height, weight, charcteristics etc.
    They may see it as 'funny' (to seek approval negatively) or to try to start a fight (they feel the need to prove themselves) - it might be habitual behaviour that they don't just do to you, they try it on anyone. To see if anyone will bite.
    They are generally weak people seeking approval negatively. They can't get it by actually being any good at anything, or having enough of a life of their own, so they have to try to belittle others.
    They may well also have an over-inflated ego that needs reinforcing.

People who are drunk may often act out of character, people lose their inhibitions, it affects their critical thinking etc. In short, people do stupid things when drunk! lol This is obvious, but people often forget this in the heat of the moment.

So they are either weak, or they are so drunk they're babbling stupidly

Either way the drunk comments are of little meaning since you have a social life, friends, you meet girls etc.
    And hair (or any other singular trait) is nothing if you already have everything.

Thank you for the kind words and in-depth analysis .