+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    Hey Hellouser

Id say just bank the cash man but dont waste it on a ht treatment. Its great you're still planning to wait a year which shows your thinking things through. maybe in a years time we will have some more info on histogen efficacy and timeline which would greatly aid any decision you make.

Dr. Rahal and Dr. Feller were in my top 3. Hold off as long as you can though IMO. Your mindset might change in a year so and you may no longer be defined or limited by your hair loss. The thing that cant be changed or undone is a HT that just will never look/feel natural(esp hairline)

I think hts can be helpful in in the crown and behind the hairline a few inches to really thicken things up. If histogen ends up coming to market and is able to increase density within a ht recipient zone it would make a huge difference in softening the hairline look and feel. Hellouser hopefully you've stabilized or only continue to lose at a slow pace so that histogen/replcel can arrive in time for you.

@Arashi Angle is such a major issue.,not sure why so many people downplay it. even 20 degrees off would make your hair look really odd. it might not be as bad if that same 20 degrees was from like a regenerated hair from histogen or whatever versus an ht hair. HT hair just seems so lifeless and rigid.
    Yup agreed that angle is important. A good doctor can get it right though. I myself am not happy how my doctor at HASCI did it (she messed quite a few hairs up that way). If I wear it short it looks good, but longer I guess it comes really visible. Luckily I like it short But again, a good doctor like Rahal can get it right (and also the results I saw from other HASCI doctors looked quite good).

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yup agreed that angle is important. A good doctor can get it right though. I myself am not happy how my doctor at HASCI did it (she messed quite a few hairs up that way). If I wear it short it looks good, but longer I guess it comes really visible. Luckily I like it short But again, a good doctor like Rahal can get it right (and also the results I saw from other HASCI doctors looked quite good).
    isn't HASCI WHERE Gho works?

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    isn't HASCI WHERE Gho works?
    Yup. My hair was done by Kristel. I've seen way better results from the other HASCI doctors

Awesome stuff!

the cure or better solutions are definitely on the way, but obviously as I and many others have learned with this biotech sector, it may be many years away.

The negativity of some people can be a little much, when they hear delay it's like some of them think science doesnt get better and that they haven't made strides in the research!!

they understand hairloss so much more now! and the early trials of many products are very very promising, indeed more and more trials and products are showing progress.

Be thankful we have things like fin, minoxidil, while they arent that great and have their shortcomings, at least it's something to tide us over a little bit, I'd have no hair by now without fin.

I must say the only thing that makes me mad is the price of hair transplants, it's either spend 100 bucks a year on fin, and if that doesnt work, you either lose your hair or drop 15000 on a transplant!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Awesome stuff!

the cure or better solutions are definitely on the way, but obviously as I and many others have learned with this biotech sector, it may be many years away.

The negativity of some people can be a little much, when they hear delay it's like some of them think science doesnt get better and that they haven't made strides in the research!!

they understand hairloss so much more now! and the early trials of many products are very very promising, indeed more and more trials and products are showing progress.

Be thankful we have things like fin, minoxidil, while they arent that great and have their shortcomings, at least it's something to tide us over a little bit, I'd have no hair by now without fin.

I must say the only thing that makes me mad is the price of hair transplants, it's either spend 100 bucks a year on fin, and if that doesnt work, you either lose your hair or drop 15000 on a transplant!!
    Yep that's it!

Hopefully, if pilofocus is all its cracked up to be and is widely adopted we may see more competitive pricing.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yup. My hair was done by Kristel. I've seen way better results from the other HASCI doctors
    Great info thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I think I'm going to wait a year, the regeneration claims with Pilofocus *look* legit. Whether or not they actually are is a whole other issue.

I've been wanting to go to Ottawa and meet with Dr. Rahal (or one of the docs there) for a consultation and see where I stand with options for FUE which should play well for an HST (I live about 4 hours drive away from Ottawa)
    Ive met some HT doctors, without naming names hellouser , and they struck me as assholes. Without getting into too much details, they really didn't give off the impression that they had your best interests in mind.

I would encourage you to hold off on getting a HT. There's too many limitations to traditional hair transplants, and despite all the advancements, I still feel there's an artificial feel to most of them.

But if you absolutely must, I'd encourage you to look into some of the European FUE surgeons.