Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbob1966
    • Jan 2012

Old Finasteride pills safe to take?

I used Fin 5mg for about a year and a half, i stopped due to side effects to ensure my libido did return to normal, it did after about 2 months. I have lost a little bit of progress i think (been on rogaine foam last 6 months) I have these fin tablets that expired actually last month, I was wondering if they lose their effectiveness after the use by date or if they'd be ok to take?
  • Buster
    • Jul 2012

I'd call a pharmacist in your area.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
      • Jun 2013

I am NOT recommending that you take them. I would though. What could happen in a month after expiration. Maybe lose some of their affectiveness?

Comment

• frankzukini
        • Mar 2013

They could degrade into a biologically active coumpound that could be harmful to you or (very much likely) a non biologically active compound and you'd thus loose effective. Either way, you won't have as much finasteride in your tablet once expired, so just don't take it. This being said, this process of deterioration happens constantly and is in direct relationship with heat, nothing special starts happening on the expiry date. This is why it's important to have the freshest possible minoxidil and finasteride, especially if you don't know at what temperature it was stored.

Comment

Working...