+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Is pilofocus the closest cure?

Why it is always said only Histogen, Follica and Replicel the most promising potential cure in the near future? As I read through the Pilofocus thread, it think it can be the cure, at least should be placed in the same category as Histogen, Follica and Replicel because it may be available in 2014 or 2015 if it is proved. Or I misunderstand something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Why it is always said only Histogen, Follica and Replicel the most promising potential cure in the near future? As I read through the Pilofocus thread, it think it can be the cure, at least should be placed in the same category as Histogen, Follica and Replicel because it may be available in 2014 or 2015 if it is proved. Or I misunderstand something?
    No. just no. It is not a cure of any sorts.

doubt it will be out next year as Wesley is doing a new trial next year.

Defo not a 'cure', although it may create some regeneration, but that's slow process.

My guess is Rep and Histo will never get to market as the results wont be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Pilofocus could be considered a cure if it happens to have 85%+ regeneration

We will know but summer 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Pilofocus could be considered a cure if it happens to have 85%+ regeneration

We will know but summer 2014.
    50% I'll be satisfied

Pilofocus definitely is a great innovation because it's scarless and that's a huge thing. I wouldn't want a transplant that leaves me with (micro) scarring, cause I always want to have the option to wear my hair short (which it will always come to one day).

However regarding regeneration I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Experiments with Acell have been conducted by other doctors and until now we haven't seen any good results. Maybe some regrowth will happen but I would doubt it's much more than 10%. Of course nobody can tell but again, based on the facts that there's no good result reported by anybody yet doesn't seem too promising.

Artista seems to be a great guy but I do think he hyped it a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Pilofocus definitely is a great innovation because it's scarless and that's a huge thing.
    Yeah, unlike the procedure you had in Netherlands??? Did you suddenly forget about that one?

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    Yeah, unlike the procedure you had in Netherlands??? Did you suddenly forget about that one?
    I didn't forget about that one at all. I think HASCI and pilofocus are currently the only options for anybody who wants a scarless procedure (although pilofocus is not yet available I believe). As for HASCI, I still really want to get to the bottom of it and I think I will ask them if they want to do a very small procedure on me, one which is easy to count so we'll finally know about regrowth at HASCI. Cause I can already see the debate going on for years to come ... And if there's really something there in terms of regrowth (which I do highly doubt), then I'll do a regular procedure ASAP.

You know, I just said I highly doubt that there's regrowth going on at HASCI but I still do have SOME hope. Cause when I did my analysis on gc83uk's procedure it turned out there was still 38% growth 'unexplained'. This could be explained by lack of recipient growth (as we didnt look at recipient), but then again at least in my case, about 97% of the hair in recipient grew. So if that happened to Gaz too, then he might have had about 35% regrowth. Which isn't anywhere near the 85% HASCI claims, but still would be a huge thing.

But anyway, that about HASCI cause you brought it up. But let's talk about pilofocus in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    You know, I just said I highly doubt that there's regrowth going on at HASCI but I still do have SOME hope. Cause when I did my analysis on gc83uk's procedure it turned out there was still 38% growth 'unexplained'. This could be explained by lack of recipient growth (as we didnt look at recipient), but then again at least in my case, about 97% of the hair in recipient grew. So if that happened to Gaz too, then he might have had about 35% regrowth. Which isn't anywhere near the 85% HASCI claims, but still would be a huge thing.
    I'm very confident that the key idea behind the procedure is graft splitting and that the net result is no new hairs. For example, if a 2-hair graft is extracted from the donor, on average, 1 hair will grow in the recipient and 1 will grow in the donor. This would explain why HASCI only targets multi-hair units for extraction and it would also explain the massive amount of transections we saw in the petri-dish photo.

When you mention the 35% that you can't account for, I'm nearly certain that will manifest itself in thinner recipient results. But if you do decide to have a very small procedure, it would still be interesting to see the results.