+ Reply to Thread

Default Fin-opposite reaction, high libido and shedding

Hi everyone!
    I started taking fin about 3.5 months ago after suffering from a receding hairline for 2 years.

I always take half a dose (0.5mg), but my schedule of taking the pill looked like this:
    0.5mg - wait 7 days - 0.5mg - wait 7 days
    0.5mg - wait 6 days - 0.5mg - wait 6 days
    0.5mg - wait 5 days - 0.5mg - wait 5 days
    0.5mg - wait 4 days - 0.5mg - wait 4 days
    0.5mg - wait 3 days - 0.5mg - wait 3 days
    Then I just continued at 3 days. So every three days I take 0.5mg.

My experience have been really weird. Shedding was noticeably worse ever since starting to take fin and I get increased libido and oily face in a couple of hours after taking it.
    I always take it at night before going to sleep and some nights (only on the nights I take the pill) I wake up with a super strong erection (sometimes from an erotic dream).

Does this mean I'm a bad responder and I should stop? For how much longer should I keep trying until giving up?
    What about the 3 days interval? Could it be because of that? Should I move to a 2 days interval?

Thank you guys for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I started taking fin about 3.5 months ago after suffering from a receding hairline for 2 years.

I always take half a dose (0.5mg), but my schedule of taking the pill looked like this:
    0.5mg - wait 7 days - 0.5mg - wait 7 days
    0.5mg - wait 6 days - 0.5mg - wait 6 days
    0.5mg - wait 5 days - 0.5mg - wait 5 days
    0.5mg - wait 4 days - 0.5mg - wait 4 days
    0.5mg - wait 3 days - 0.5mg - wait 3 days
    Then I just continued at 3 days. So every three days I take 0.5mg.

My experience have been really weird. Shedding was noticeably worse ever since starting to take fin and I get increased libido and oily face in a couple of hours after taking it.
    I always take it at night before going to sleep and some nights (only on the nights I take the pill) I wake up with a super strong erection (sometimes from an erotic dream).

Does this mean I'm a bad responder and I should stop? For how much longer should I keep trying until giving up?
    What about the 3 days interval? Could it be because of that? Should I move to a 2 days interval?

Thank you guys for your help!
    Fin will usually make the shedding worse for a while. Then grow it back as either the same or a little bit to a lot better over time. These were the hairs that were damaged beyond repair and could not handle the stimulation from the medication.
    As for the oily face and libido, not sure.

I have similar effects, I seem to be getting a little bit more acne ever since starting 4 months ago and my libido seems to be higher than prior to taking it.

You should probably try to take the recommended dosage of 1 mg/day or, if you're so concerned over side effects, attempt a quarter tablet every day. Taking it every 3 days, you might be playing yo-yo with your hormones.

This being said, your side effects are DHT related. If it persists after a month of usage with the recommended dosage, you certainly should discontinue treatment.

Just take 1mg/day as recommended, your current dosing schedule isn't going to be very effective.

I initially had a higher libido and oily skin when I first started taking it. I think this is because less testosterone is getting converted to DHT, hence you have more test floating around in your system which could account for the increase in horniness and oily skin. Your body will eventually adjust and those symptoms should go away.

(I heard the libido part is more common for younger guys. I was about 22-23 when i first started it)

I was the same when starting fin to. It equals out later but if you ease and back on it can make raise your libido instead of lowering it. I've been on it for about 2 years now and i can say it definitely lowered my libido but it comes back if i just stop taking it and then take it again etc.

*I held off a few years before taking and my hair is still thinning but its going much slower. It was completely stopped with niz+minox but minox is poison and they don't sell niz here anymore. Need to order that online.*

Hey,

Do you have any update about your progress with Fin and your transplant?

Yes.
    I've stopped taking fin 3 months ago, after feeling a bit out of groove, kind of hard to explain.
    Anyways a blood check returned that I have an a very high level of SHBG (and with that a high level of total testosterone) and a low level of free testosterone.
    After reading a bit I've found out it could very well be because of the fin, as I had normal levels of SHBG before starting.

At this point I decided to just f*** how I look externally, and stop taking fin forever. If later on I'll become self-conscious I'll do the hair transplant.
    I'm done with hurting myself just to look better, i.e. fin, working out hard and taking whey shakes, tanning myself etc.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Anyways a blood check returned that I have an a very high level of SHBG (and with that a high level of total testosterone) and a low level of free testosterone.
    What about DHT level?

It didn't check DHT levels, but from what I gathered on the web, SHBG and DHT are correlated negatively, so high SHBG means low DHT levels.
    So the drug did it's part as advertised.

Had a blood test today, after stopping fin for 2 months, tetosterone levels returned to normal! SHBG results aren't in yet, but they should've returned to normal seeing as how testosterone levels returned to normal. Which probably means DHT levels increased as well.