+ Reply to Thread

Default I need Finasteride advice please.

Hey guys,

I have posted here a few times about my finasteride expierences. I am 20 years of age and I have been on Proscar(1/4 tablet), minoxidil and nizoral shampoo for nearly 5 months now and I am still yet to see improvement with my hair. I have no side effects at all. To be honest, I think my hair looks worse since i started the Proscar 5 months ago. Should i be worried? I have a theory though that while taking proscar, your hair has to go bad for it become good, does that make sense? haha! Bassically i mean, the medication for the first few months makes the weak and thinner hairs fall out so to give way for the new strong and thicker hairs, so during this transition phase your hair may actually look like it has gotten worse. Is this all true??? I hope it is because as time goes on and I am yet to see an improvement, I worry that I may be in the minimal percentage of men that proscar does not work for.

Same thing is happening to me...All you can do is stick it out.

I'd get off the forums and take this off your mind brah, just take monthly pics and look at those and come back to report and major changes or if you hopefully start seeing improvement.

Just wait it out man, you're 20 - do what you can do like eating healthy and working out and exercising.

Take some supplements like biotin and eat plenty of protein and green vegetables. These things matter, because your hair can't be healthy if it has nothing going to it, even though it won't make it grow back it will make what you have feel healthier and look fuller.

You're doing all that you really can do - just hope for the best. You'll be fine either way, though.

Also - make sure you're not other doing the nizoral especially, also the minox can dry out your hair if you use it in excess. These won't harm the actual follicles, but the visible hair and already damaged hair might fall out because they are dried out, or look worse if you are over using these things, due to what's in them chemically

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    Hey guys,

I have posted here a few times about my finasteride expierences. I am 20 years of age and I have been on Proscar(1/4 tablet), minoxidil and nizoral shampoo for nearly 5 months now and I am still yet to see improvement with my hair. I have no side effects at all. To be honest, I think my hair looks worse since i started the Proscar 5 months ago. Should i be worried? I have a theory though that while taking proscar, your hair has to go bad for it become good, does that make sense? haha! Bassically i mean, the medication for the first few months makes the weak and thinner hairs fall out so to give way for the new strong and thicker hairs, so during this transition phase your hair may actually look like it has gotten worse. Is this all true??? I hope it is because as time goes on and I am yet to see an improvement, I worry that I may be in the minimal percentage of men that proscar does not work for.
    As far as I know Dan, redy, and you are correct. You have to wait. I would say withing the next few months you should start seeing some improvement. Maybe a big improvement maybe a subtle one, but something. I also think it can be a bit of a roller coaster ride for the first year or so. For me things actually improved by the third month. Then things got a bit worse a month after that. Now things look to be improving again.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    As far as I know Dan, redy, and you are correct. You have to wait. I would say withing the next few months you should start seeing some improvement. Maybe a big improvement maybe a subtle one, but something. I also think it can be a bit of a roller coaster ride for the first year or so. For me things actually improved by the third month. Then things got a bit worse a month after that. Now things look to be improving again.
    I hope so man. I suppose the best thing to do is just forget about it and keep doing my routine.

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    I hope so man. I suppose the best thing to do is just forget about it and keep doing my routine.
    Whatever you're doing can only help - if it gets worse you can probably bet that it would be even worse without it.

Quote Originally Posted by redy View Post
    Whatever you're doing can only help - if it gets worse you can probably bet that it would be even worse without it.
    Very good way to look at it.