Closed Thread
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Theoretically, most people could have the appearance of a full head of hair next year if they wanted to.....with a combination of SMP and Pilofocus, one could cut the sides to a 1-2 guard and move a good amount of hair to the top..and have hair...regardless of how good the regeneration ends up being
    you're overly optimistic. Where did he say this? "although Artista said the regen pics were "breathtaking""? i've seen the one pic from Dr Wesley and looks nothing amazing - about 5 hairs

That all being said, I'm done waiting guys. I schedule my first ever hair transplant with Dr. Rahal, to get my hairline fixed next month.
    Oh snap!

How many grafts and whats the $$$$ amount?

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    you're overly optimistic. Where did he say this? "although Artista said the regen pics were "breathtaking""? i've seen the one pic from Dr Wesley and looks nothing amazing - about 5 hairs
    it's somewhere in one of the pilofocus threads where people were discussing the conference presentation in san fran..

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Oh snap!

How many grafts and whats the $$$$ amount?
    yup...had to pull the trigger hell, I want to live my life to the fullest and I don't want hairloss to hamper that. I am getting 1700 grafts FUE and it cost me somewhere around 13k I believe...

I'm planning on continuing transplants as my hairloss progresses until I run out of donor or something better comes along...

At the end of the day, some hair on top of your head, even transplants for a nw6...is always better than no hair on top of your head...and with the combination of smp and transplants, I believe we are seeing a new era in restoration here

I can't tell you how excited I am to have Dr. Rahal doing my hairline.

yup...had to pull the trigger hell, I want to live my life to the fullest and I don't want hairloss to hamper that. I am getting 1700 grafts FUE and it cost me somewhere around 13k I believe...

I'm planning on continuing transplants as my hairloss progresses until I run out of donor or something better comes along...

At the end of the day, some hair on top of your head, even transplants for a nw6...is always better than no hair on top of your head...and with the combination of smp and transplants, I believe we are seeing a new era in restoration here

At that price though you may as well go to Dr. Gho for *some* regeneration, no? And is Dr Rahal still not scarless?

Exclamation

guys, i created this thread to discuss this new, interesting method. please take your discussion about gho, nigam etc etc elsewhere. for example to the 1000 other threads on this forum. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    At that price though you may as well go to Dr. Gho for *some* regeneration, no? And is Dr Rahal still not scarless?
    First of OP, this piloxll is fake...

secondly, Hell...I don't believe there is any donor regeneration from Gho to be honest. Second of all, I'm never going to shave my donor below a 1-2 guard...third off, I want a Rahal hairline...he is the best in the industry and the hairline is the most important part..in the future as my loss progresses I will go for pilofocus, more than likely (hopefully Rahal offers too) as there is going to be some regen..and it's scarless...then if things get out of hand I will throw smp all around the head..I'm attacking this beast and not ever giving in...I have confident in future treatments..we will have something better soon...but I am going all out on transplants to enjoy these years while I'm young.

you guys are ridiculous...

CB- should be a lot better than fin, should be out in 2016 best case, more likely 2017-2018.

histogen- better than fin and minox, should be released in asia in 2015-2016

bim- better than minox, should be released in 2015 IN THE USA.

follica- has grown human hair on bald scalp via wounding, already been through phase I/II trails...adding FGF9 to see if they can get better results...could very well be out in 3 years IN THE USA....as a cure

PILOFOCUS- scarless hair transplant, should be available in the USA within 6-7 months...WITH DONOR REGENERATION....we just don't know how significant the regeneration is yet...although Artista said the regen pics were "breathtaking"

PRP- some doctors, including Dr. Wesley are beginning to have more success with this as they toy with the dosage and amount of injections

Replicel- supposed to be releasing a product in asia in 2015, seems like it's going to be more towards 2016 though. Their results are still better than fin/minox...also they just got a huge investor after they showed their 12 month results to them...could be a sign that they got better results at 12 months

many doctors are getting some sort of regeneration..it's just a matter of getting it consistently...all we need is 50%+ regen to cure most nw5...and 7% to cure most nw6...85% to cure nw7

Not to mention, SMP...SMP is showing to be a great addition to add the visual effect of density...(look at joe's video in the SMP section)
    You know I wish this were true more than most things in life, but we have to be more conservative. What you're describing is all best case scenario. You can't rely on these timelines, we've all seen histogen's original timelines from a few years ago, or how replicel thought they had it and then had the phase 1 results they showed, or Follica claiming they might have it within 2 years...

Truth is, a full blown cure will eventually come true, but only from the tsuji/christiano/Jahoda teams. In other words, there is no doubt the stem cell research being done will give us the ultimate cure. But all this stuff is in its infancy and it'll take 10 years BEST case scenario...

In the meantime, we have all our hopes in replicel and Follica. Yeah histogen might be great especially if with a good ht to replenish donor area etc. etc. but in reality the only potential treatments can come from these two companies as they are the only ones left working for the full cure.

Putting topical anti-dht on your head won't bring hair back, or at least a sufficient amount for decent looks. It will be great for my cousin who is ten years younger though... But for us, don't even rely on it.

So go for the hair transplant if you want, but I recommend everyone try going with a shaved head first. It's so liberating and you really do forget about it within a few days.

Ive read good things about him but wow that price is ridiculous for a student like me!!

If I had the funds to get one I would, but there's no way im doing a scar FUT one which is still 5-8000 bucks

Is there ANY hope that FUE Ht's become cheaper?

First of OP, this piloxll is fake...
    Source to confirm??

secondly, Hell...I don't believe there is any donor regeneration from Gho to be honest. Second of all, I'm never going to shave my donor below a 1-2 guard...third off, I want a Rahal hairline...he is the best in the industry and the hairline is the most important part..in the future as my loss progresses I will go for pilofocus, more than likely (hopefully Rahal offers too) as there is going to be some regen..and it's scarless...then if things get out of hand I will throw smp all around the head..I'm attacking this beast and not ever giving in...I have confident in future treatments..we will have something better soon...but I am going all out on transplants to enjoy these years while I'm young.
    Hmmm... well, I cant say I have much to comment on. Well I do, but I dont want to annoy the OP.