+ Reply to Thread

Default Results 4 months with minox + finasteride

Hi everyone,
    I am 21 years old and started to bald when I was about 18ish, didnt really think much about it because I had thick hair and the way I styled it.
    When I first noticed it, it was an advanced stage (a strong NW 3.) It seriously freaked me the **** out, so I started to read myself up.
    I came to the the conclusion to start finasteride and minox, and this is the result after 4 months.

BEFORE
    http://imgur.com/a/O2hXS#0
    4 months after:
    http://imgur.com/a/sjELZ#0

Quote Originally Posted by jetfly View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am 21 years old and started to bald when I was about 18ish, didnt really think much about it because I had thick hair and the way I styled it.
    When I first noticed it, it was an advanced stage (a strong NW 3.) It seriously freaked me the **** out, so I started to read myself up.
    I came to the the conclusion to start finasteride and minox, and this is the result after 4 months.

BEFORE
    http://imgur.com/a/O2hXS#0
    4 months after:
    http://imgur.com/a/sjELZ#0
    The quality of hair on your head looks much better, although I don't know that it's possible for hairs to cycle in 4 months. Did you notice much of a shed?

Regardless, kudos for being aggressive with treatment. You deserve the results.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    The quality of hair on your head looks much better, although I don't know that it's possible for hairs to cycle in 4 months. Did you notice much of a shed?

Regardless, kudos for being aggressive with treatment. You deserve the results.
    I dunno, by counting my proscar tablets I started 4 months and 20ish days ago.

I had a crazy amounts of shed when I first started, like looking at my hands after I applied shampoo in my hair freaked me out. My hands were full of hair.

I dunno, by counting my proscar tablets I started 4 months and 20ish days ago.

I had a crazy amounts of shed when I first started, like looking at my hands after I applied shampoo in my hair freaked me out. My hands were full of hair.
    Everyone responds differently anyways.

Yeah, my shed was awful for months and it's almost nonexistent now. Feels good, man.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Default 4 months in with Finasteride

Hello Jetfly,

Minoxidil and Finasteride work better together than separately. Why not take the initiative and do everything within your budget. The commitment to medical therapy requires motivation and financial resources. It appears that the Finasteride is already showing to be very beneficial for you. Your results are already noticeable and should climax over the next eight months. Against all odds, you seem to be a very good responder to the medications. From looking at the newer photos, I notice the increase in hair quality. Your hair honestly looks great.

Meet WHTC's Dr. Patrick Mwamba in London - Free consultations Feb. 15th,2014
    World Hair Transplant Center

Web: www.mywhtc.com
    Email: customer.care@mywhtc.com

Tel USA: 770 663-1290

Tel UK: 44 2033186228

Tel BE: 32 479753281

My opinions are not necessarily the opinions of Dr. Patrick Mwamba.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTC Clinic View Post
    Hello Jetfly,

Minoxidil and Finasteride work better together than separately. Why not take the initiative and do everything within your budget. The commitment to medical therapy requires motivation and financial resources. It appears that the Finasteride is already showing to be very beneficial for you. Your results are already noticeable and should climax over the next eight months. Against all odds, you seem to be a very good responder to the medications. From looking at the newer photos, I notice the increase in hair quality. Your hair honestly looks great.
    Hello,
    Thanks for your input.
    English is not my "mother's tongue", but understanding you correctly; I am using both minoxidil and finasteride. Though, I started with minoxidil 1 month after finasteride.
    I will try and continue to take pictures every month.
    Again, thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by jetfly; 11-22-2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Hello,
    Thanks for your input.
    English is not my "mother's tongue", but understanding you correctly; I am using both minoxidil and finasteride. Though, I started with minoxidil 1 month after finasteride.
    I will try and continue to take pictures every month.
    Again, thanks for your reply.
    Ur hair looks great man, definitely an improvement. I am of similar age to you and I am taking proscar, using minoxidil and using nizoral shampoo. I have been doing this for nearly 4 months and 3 weeks now and I am yet to see an improvement in my hair so I am a small bit worried its not working. Do you take proscar? how do you take it? is it a 5mg tablet?

You're hair does not look like a "strong" nw3 man, if anything it's heading there. Eitherway, there is loss, but you're definitely before the point of low expectations.

Hi Townie, thanks for your opinion. I am not an expert on this, but I think people "respond" differently, sometimes people have regrowth after 8 months, other have at the 18 month mark, and some just maintain what they got. (from what I have read myself up to.) I would recommend to take pictures every month to compare.
    I use proscar 5mg and cutting it to 4's. So I am on 1.25 mg finasteride a day

redy: thanks for your input, but I have always considered nw 2 = mature hairline, nw 3 = balding, but I guess it is a fine line between those two, and I have seen it been discussed on this forum.

I will try to update you guys on my progress.