+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

Hi Guys,

I'm 32 years old, live in Manchester UK and have been balding for about 6-7 years I guess, never paid attention to it properly to know when exactly it started, but always had a high hairline.

I have been reading some posts and it seems a real shame that people have so many arguments on here, I mean we are all affected by this and surely we would all want the best results for each other.

Anyway, my interest really peaked once I saw the work GC83UK (Gaz) had and so wanted to talk to him about his HST with HASCI and see where he is up to now as I couldn't find anything recently when I was searching his posts.

I am booking in for a consultation with them next week with a view to completing the procedure potentially around the May time next year.

Thanks for taking the time to have a read of my post.

Cheers,

DLB550

Quote Originally Posted by DLB550 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm 32 years old, live in Manchester UK and have been balding for about 6-7 years I guess, never paid attention to it properly to know when exactly it started, but always had a high hairline.

I have been reading some posts and it seems a real shame that people have so many arguments on here, I mean we are all affected by this and surely we would all want the best results for each other.

Anyway, my interest really peaked once I saw the work GC83UK (Gaz) had and so wanted to talk to him about his HST with HASCI and see where he is up to now as I couldn't find anything recently when I was searching his posts.

I am booking in for a consultation with them next week with a view to completing the procedure potentially around the May time next year.

Thanks for taking the time to have a read of my post.

Cheers,

DLB550
    Hello mate, welcome to the forums. Let me know if there is anything in particular that you'd like to know about Hasci. I've not uploaded any photos for a few weeks, but if you'd like to see any previous photos I can point you in the right direction.

Might be worth uploading a couple of your own pics if you're happy to do so to see where you're at.

Hi GC83UK,

Many thanks for replying to my post I really appreciate it. I have taken some pics but they're on my home computer so will try and get them over tonight so you can take a look at them.

I wil say up front that they aren't particularly good but it should give you a good idea of where I am at.

There are obviously lots of questions going round my head about HASCI but I really wanted your opinion on what they have done for you, how many grafts you have had taken so far and how much you have spent if that's not too intrusive to ask?

I have now confirmed my consultation for Tuesday and am looking forward to heading down there.

One thing I did wonder was how long it takes for your hair to get to say a #2/3 once they've shaved it as I am planning on taking 2 weeks off work for recovery time and I know my hair will still be short, I'm just wondering how short and perhaps some exaplanation in my office! How did your friends/family react?

I tried accessing a lot of your pictures which I think were on fileden? But I couldn't access them as they kept asking me to setup an account which I didn't really want to do.

I'd love to see a "where you were" originally and a "where you are" kind of compliation so I can get an idea of what's been acheived so far.

Also, I think I noticed you say you have had 4 treatments so far, I wondered if this thing about limited treatments is still an issue as I seem to have read on here they stop at 3 or at least assess at 3? Perhaps I'm making this up as I've read a lot of information in the past month or so.

I would also be really interested to know your approximate regrowth rate in the donor/recipient area if you have any idea?

Sorry, question overload I think there.

Anyway thank you for your response and I will get my pictures loaded up as soon as possible.

David

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi DLB550, First of all ~WELCOME !
    My hair loss experience is comparable to yours.
    I too always had a high hairline and was OK with it. My hair had decent scalp coverage until I passed my 30s.
    Stress later in life (NOT related to hair loss) did not help at all either.

Good luck on your upcoming consultation my friend.
    Take all the time you need to make the best decision for you.
    Have you considered using Finasteride? Im sure the doctor will bring it up to you as well.
    Ive been on Finasteride for almost 4 months now and I do see a positive reaction from it but its really way too soon to say what it will do of course.
    Im not trying to promote that med of course. You can check out my Fin' progress on this link.
    "Artista and Finasteride"
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13550
    In regards to this forum, yes there are some members that can be quite expressive depending on the topic.
    No need to get involved in any arguments though.
    It is what it is.
    Hey ,your from Manchester UK.
    My wife and I will possibly be there next year. These are the cities we are considering after arriving in London-
    Swindon , Bristol , Manchester. Any suggestions DLB550 ?
    Again welcome and Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hi DLB550, First of all ~WELCOME !
    My hair loss experience is comparable to yours.
    I too always had a high hairline and was OK with it. My hair had decent scalp coverage until I passed my 30s.
    Stress later in life (NOT related to hair loss) did not help at all either.

Good luck on your upcoming consultation my friend.
    Take all the time you need to make the best decision for you.
    Have you considered using Finasteride? Im sure the doctor will bring it up to you as well.
    Ive been on Finasteride for almost 4 months now and I do see a positive reaction from it but its really way too soon to say what it will do of course.
    Im not trying to promote that med of course. You can check out my Fin' progress on this link.
    "Artista and Finasteride"
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13550
    In regards to this forum, yes there are some members that can be quite expressive depending on the topic.
    No need to get involved in any arguments though.
    It is what it is.
    Hey ,your from Manchester UK.
    My wife and I will possibly be there next year. These are the cities we are considering after arriving in London-
    Again welcome and Cheers
    Nothing in Swindon mate

Replace that with Bath, Oxford or Cambridge IMO

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hey Garethbale, thanks bro! The reason I considered Swindon was, aside from wanting to be away from the touristy areas and to be around REAL people living, is that XTC band members like Andy Partridge is from there. LOL.

Im also considering Bristol

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hey Garethbale, thanks bro! The reason I considered Swindon was, aside from wanting to be away from the touristy areas and to be around REAL people living, is that XTC band members like Andy Partridge is from there. LOL.

Im also considering Bristol
    Haha, yeah I remember you said you liked XTC

In that case go then...you can go to stone henge as well which is nearby

Hey Artista/Gaz,

Thanks for replying.

I am in a bit of a rush so can't read through everything, however not considered Fin or Propecia or anything of that sort yet, to be honest I didn't want to mess around, I just figured that I didn't really want to spend each day putting that stuff on my hair, but I will take a look at your thread later and check out your results!

What's the best way to get my images on here guys?

Thanks,

DLB550

Does this link work?

This is a picture of my wet hair and quite short, it's a bit longer now. If this works I'll do the others in the same way.

I used to live in Bristol, its a great city to visit there seemed to be a festival on every weekend so I was never bored at the weekends. Home of banksy and many other street artists, the place is covered in graffiti, you can spend days just walking round checking the street art.