+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hello Everyone

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for coming back to me, as always really helpful.

I just had a look through your pictures now and it seems you're getting some good coverage with it, from looking at the donor area and with me not being an expert it does kind of look like I can see a slight difference between the donor and the non-donor rear areas, but it could be lighting etc as well.

It's a shame they can't do anything with my crown though, I thought they could help with that area, Deborah said I would have to have no hairs there before they would do anything!

I'm not sure about getting fin on the NHS, some people seem to think not but I might try and book in to see my GP and let them know how much it's affecting my confidence and see if they could help.

I'm a bit concerned about the side effects and the potential shedding phase that everyone talks about with fin, and then knowing I'm on it for life. :-S

If I decide to go ahead with it in the future I will arrange accomodation close by as you do Gaz, it makes more sense to do that and be there ready for the session on the day.

Do you need to pay in full as soon as you book your session then Gaz?

I guess you then need to think about what I would do if I decided I didn't want to take fin as I will lose more hair over the years obviously.

I'm still undecided and don't know whether to just be accepting of it and shave my head as I have done today and just crack on with it...

I wish this research about stem cell growth that I shared a link to earlier would hurry up and get some people booked in as Guinea pigs! :-)

I know to people who don't have this problem it might seem like such a small issue in the grand scheme of things, and I would say they are probably right, but when we live in a society that basis there opinion on your looks before the person you are inside it's a real killer!

Hey Artista, Yes that would be about right obviously depending on exchange rates at the time of booking. It's obviously very expensive and I think I would be looking at something in the region of about £18k-£20k for 3 treatments.

I'm not sure FUE is for me in all truth as there is no chance of a second donation from that area, but I do understand that you take more hairs per session and as Gaz has mentioned you can end up with more hairs per graft even in comparison to HST...

Again, cheers for your responses guys.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    David DLB550 , Im glad that you went through the process of having a good clinic evaluation.
    Thanks for sharing that experience with us all.
    You said that it was estimated that you should have about
    "1200-1400 on an initial session at a cost of approx £7k"
    Thats around $11,400 American
    Not that I intend to focus on hair surgery costs.
    I know that HASCI has done some great things in recent past.
    Dave I hope that you will be setting up consultations with other clinics as well.
    Good luck bro,,by the way my first name is DAVID too!
    Cheers
    Yeah HASCI is damn expensive. Especially if you keep in mind that the hair/graft usually is lower than at other clinics, so you get even less hair for that crazy amount of money. But then again, it's scarless.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Yeah HASCI is damn expensive. Especially if you keep in mind that the hair/graft usually is lower than at other clinics, so you get even less hair for that crazy amount of money. But then again, it's scarless.
    I know Arashi, but it's the scarless and potential regrowth that I guess are the things that interest me the most... cost is very prohibitive though.

@dlb im pretty sure they do operate on crown even if its not slick bald. They have pics on the website of small crown procedures. I think its just one of their precaution measures in ur case to do ur front first.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    @dlb im pretty sure they do operate on crown even if its not slick bald. They have pics on the website of small crown procedures. I think its just one of their precaution measures in ur case to do ur front first.
    Now you mention it I did see those pictures on their site. Don't know why I'd forgotten though when I was in the consultation... Thanks CC.

I might have to discuss that with them again in the future I think!