+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Sorry Gaz another question that popped into my head after I sent that response!

Say you have your first treatment but want some more density in an area at a later date, are they willing to do this for you?

Thanks,

David

Another question Gaz, when you go for treatment how do you get there, get home etc? I am driving tomorrow so will park close by but obviously this is expensive if I would be there for the entire day!

Thanks,

David

Hi Gaz/Everyone,

Just a quick update as I went to HASCI today.

I was late for the appointment as the traffic was horrendous, took me 5 hours + to get there and I set off at 5 this morning!

Anyway, what Deborah said. She said they would recommend between 1200-1400 on an initial session at a cost of approx £7k and they could take more on the day depending on how well the grafts come out when they start taking them.

She said my hair has good density in the donor area apart from just coming on to the sides which are a bit less so they would leave this area.

She also said that my hair is straight which helps a lot when taking the grafts out, so I guess this is a good thing.

She said they wouldn't do my crown though as my hair is still there but the number of hairs per graft are reducing, so they are somewhere between 1-2 per follicle where they are normally more like 3 per follicle.

She said they would do one area at a time, starting with the forelock and temple area, then they would do the main scalp once they have reviewed the donor area again before going again and potentially adding density.

I am not sure entirely why but I must admit I've come away feeling a bit down really, she didn't really say what exactly they could do for me and mentioned again about the 2-3 procedures and reviewing after each session.

I'm not sure why I'm feeling down but I've come home and shaved all my hair off on a #4 as I looked at myself in the mirror and thought who are you trying to kid!

God this is depressing at times, all I want is my hair back! :-)

Gaz, could you please point me in the direction of your pictures, will take a look at your results so far. :-)

I think I may go ahead with the first session anyway to a least see what they do in that session and perhaps review after that.

I looked at Fin and saw you can get at a good price from UK Finasteride, has anyone used them before as it seems a bit dodgy I must admit?

My concerns/questions with Fin are.

Once I start taking it I guess I'm then on it for good?
    Has anyone suffered from any of the sides?
    Has anyone had regrowth? Deborah mentioned it's only in the crown area generally..
    If you wanted to have children would you need to come off it? NHS website seemed to say not but wondered if anyone knows for certain?

Thanks again guys for all your help I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

David

Hi David,

Chin up mate, you've taken the first step, that's what matters.

Take a look at this post from Iron Man who summarised it so far.
    The post is dates 5th October, which is about 4 weeks after my 4th HST, so the last HST is still growing in, even now. BTW I had scarring alopecia from a young age, hence the mess I was in before I started this journey.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpost.php?p=151082

Here is a link to a set of photos I taken of my donor a few weeks back. I've got a few scars in my donor from before I even started HST so try to ignore those. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j1ag43wtblahccp/xOap-8TrJb

Re: fin
    Can you not get that for free from a G.P?

I live in the Northwest too, I usually stay in the Marleybone hotel the night before and then train it back from Euston after the procedure. I put a cap on always. They don't advise you do that but if you're really careful it's no big deal, plus there is no way I'm walking outside with my head in a mess lol. If you are flush with cash then stay another night at the Marleybone. I always stay at the hotel because litterally a 2 minute walk from the hotel and if you book the room a few weeks before you'll get it at a decent price. (decent for london anyway)

I think what Deborah has told you is spot on, focus at the front first and see how it goes in later procedures. You've already got some hair on top (see yourself as lucky), so with that plus 2 or 3 HST's you'll be in cracking shape pal, stay positive and definitely look into Fin to protect the native hair you have in the MPB areas.

Quote Originally Posted by DLB550 View Post
    Sorry Gaz another question that popped into my head after I sent that response!

Say you have your first treatment but want some more density in an area at a later date, are they willing to do this for you?

Thanks,

David
    Yes they will. They usually implant 35 grafts per cm2 on the first pass and take it upto 50-60 grafts per cm2 in subsequent procedures.

Gaz, can you mail me Deborah's email ? I want to ask her if she's ok with doing a 100 graft test on me. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Gaz, can you mail me Deborah's email ? I want to ask her if she's ok with doing a 100 graft test on me. Thx.
    Done!

When you thinking of going?

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Done!

When you thinking of going?
    Thx bro. Not sure yet but thinking about feb.

I usually stay in the Marleybone hotel the night before and then train it back from Euston after the procedure. I put a cap on always. They don't advise you do that but if you're really careful it's no big deal, plus there is no way I'm walking outside with my head in a mess lol.
    LOL i stayed in maastricht for 2 more days and walked around no headgear . First day u get looks, but people dont even know its a transplant. Literally, i was in a bar and the guy asked me what are you doing in maastricht because he saw im not from there. I said i came to do a hair transplant, he was like what hair transplant. The only problem is that i was worried about the sun, didn't want to burn the precious grafts, so i walked around with an umbrella before i could put a cap on.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

David DLB550 , Im glad that you went through the process of having a good clinic evaluation.
    Thanks for sharing that experience with us all.
    You said that it was estimated that you should have about
    "1200-1400 on an initial session at a cost of approx £7k"
    Thats around $11,400 American
    Not that I intend to focus on hair surgery costs.
    I know that HASCI has done some great things in recent past.
    Dave I hope that you will be setting up consultations with other clinics as well.
    Good luck bro,,by the way my first name is DAVID too!
    Cheers