+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by brunobald View Post
    I used to live in Bristol, its a great city to visit there seemed to be a festival on every weekend so I was never bored at the weekends. Home of banksy and many other street artists, the place is covered in graffiti, you can spend days just walking round checking the street art.
    The Glastonbury festival is very close to there, I went a couple years ago, it was an amazing trip.

Hi Artista, I agree with brunobald, Bristol is a great city, I have family there are travel down at least 3 times a year, I'm lucky and my family own a restaurant in the centre of the city so we always eat there so I have nothing but good things to say about Bristol. If you are around in August the balloon fiesta is on, used to be called festival not sure when it changed, I went this year and it's a fantastic experience, and I also went down on the Harbour Festival this year in July which was also a good night out!

Manchester being Northern gets labelled as rough sometimes but it's a very historical city and most famous for the music that comes out of the city, football and specifically Manchester United (for me anyway). It's also famous for Boddingtons bitter, L.S Lowry, and it was the centre of the textile manufacturing during the industrial revolution. The surrounding countryside south of the city is actually very beautiful, with Lyme Park, Tatton Park and Dunham Massey that don't take long to reach.

But I would say you can't go too far wrong with Bristol or Manchester as places to visit.

Anyway back to the point in hand. I see my picture worked, so I will pop a few more on now, although I forgot how much the light thins my hair out, I would definitely say it looks better in real life, but anyway that doesn't really matter. I'll post in a separate response now.

Thanks Guys,

DLB550

I can see my first picture had a URL in to the free web hosting, I'm trying these with just the IMG tags to see if I can cut out the spam!

And it's reducing the image sizes to fractions of the dimensions they really are. I don't mind e-mailing people images if you want better versions, not sure if that's approved of though so just let me know.

And again apologies for the quality of the images, after I split from my ex she took our camera so I've only got my phone camera at the moment! Women!

GC83UK, would be great to get your input on what you think could be achievable for me with HST.

a bit about Manchester for you Artista

There are a mixture of dry hair shots and wet hair shots in there, hopefully this helps you guys to gauge where I am and my possible options.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look for me.

Cheers,

DLB550

Hey Guys, just realised my lack of knowledge regards fin etc, any informative information on it would be great.

I haven't considered it properly yet but am really open to any feedback on it's +/- points.

Cheers,

DLB550

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone had managed to take a look at my pictures and had any thoughts?

Thanks,

DLB550

Hey, I'd give fin a go, start off with a small dosage and taper up to see how you handle it. Giving minox a go as well might be of some benefit.

Personally, I'd wait a year before investigating getting a ht simply because fin/minox may regrow some of your hair or at least stabilize the loss leading to a less intense ht needing to be done.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi DLB550 , Thanks for the great information on your country cities.
    We will definitely go to Bristol ..The Balloon Fiesta (Festival) sounds like fun.
    I promise you that we will have a bite at your family restaurant once we are there bro!
    We are currently in the process of moving to a new home and so I haven't had much time for anything else ,,lol.
    Those are good photos that you've posted, I feel very strongly to advice that you give Finasteride a try.
    Your at a great age for it and your hair loss is not 'terrible'.
    Im sure that in your eyes your hair loss is very disturbing for you but from a 3rd persons point of view , you should be grateful that it isn't much more progressed.
    Finasteride takes time so be patient.
    Look into the use of Minoxidil too. I personally dont use that but a lot of others do.
    I do use in addition to my Fin', Biotin @ 2500mcgs and Nizoral Shampoo 1%.
    I got to run mate but Ill be back on later,,hi ALL.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I will ask about Fin and see where I can get it.

My only thoughts about reducing how much of a transplant I might eventually have to have is that if I stop Fin or it stops working that I would need another anyway?

Again guys your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

DLB550

Hi David,

I've had 5000 grafts so far costing me approximately £20,000 over the course of 2 years. I know to many people that will seem like an obscene amount of money, but I'm literally buying happiness!
    Hair grows at approx 0.5mm per day / half an inch per month.
    So if you're off work for 2 weeks then you'll be around 8mm or 9mm by then I would guess, because they buzz it down to like 1mm with some fancy clippers.

I also work in an office and shaving my head was a radical change for me, I didn't enjoy it when people asked me what have I done etc, but I decided the easiest response was to just say, 'I fancied a change', which helped to play it down and killed the conversation. Nobody really cares that much, you'll soon see.

Could you not gradually cut your hair shorter and shorter to the lead up to the HST? That way nobody would batter an eyelid. The good thing about HST is after 7 - 10 days nobody will know you've had anything done.

About the 3 procedure thing, that's not really true. Some people might be done after 2 procedures, others 5, 6, 7, I really can't answer that because each person is different, each person has different amounts of donor available.

As for donor regrowth rate. This is a big talking point! Hasci claim to be able to get 85% regrowth. If you're asking me for my honest assessment then I think it's closer to 50%. There are lots of reasons for this, which I won't bore you with.

The problem is the grafts which they implant in the balding area are slightly thinner, basically for every graft extracted in HST they implant around 1.4 hairs average, whereas regular FUE is closer to 2 hairs per graft (the hair shaft itself is not thinner, its the same as the rest of your hair).
    I can live with this because of the donor regrowth. So this 50% feels more like 35% overall (compared to FUE) if you get what I mean. I can explain more about that if you need me to, but it gets deep and its somewhat controversial.

Hasci will suggest a bare minimum of 1400 grafts, 1600-1800 grafts is common, 2000 grafts in one day is the highest I've heard from anyone on the forums.

If you are hoping for a full head of hair, then you won't get it after 1 HST unfortunately. I reckon you'll need to go 3 times, but it's hard to know for sure with those photos.

There is also a good chance that you'll continue to lose hair on top so getting on fin is probably a good idea! I don't know much about fin, but some of the guys on here will tell you everything you want to know about it.

You've also got some loss in your crown, might be an idea to just focus on the front & mid scalp for your 1st HST, putting grafts in your crown is like a black hole.

What are your expectations? And what's your donor like? Your donor looks thick on the photos.

If you're not interested in donor regrowth and want something more instant, there are some amazing FUE surgeons around, if your donor is in good enough shape then you could probably have 3000 grafts done in 1 go, but it won't be scarless.

The other thing with HST is you have to wait 9 months between each procedure and like I said earlier you are limited to 2000 grafts max, but the procedure is scarless, so if you decide one day that you've had enough of transplants and battling hair loss, **** it, then you can shave your head or buzz down to a #1 without worrying about white FUE scars all over your head. That alone settled it for me.

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Is that 5k grafts over 4 sessions then, I think you're on to 4 sessions currently?

For the past few years I've shaved my head on a #4 and then earlier this year on a #3 for a while, my friends say I look better with hair so hence why I've recently started growing it back again. I could start shaving it down again in the new year I guess, then at least it won't be as much of a shock to people if/when I have the treatment.

Do you have a set of pictures in chronological order to show exactly where you were and are now, including donor/recipient area, I would be very interested to see that.

I thought HASCI say they implant more than that in terms of the average hairs per graft, I don't know why but I have 2.5 per graft in mind? I guess that's the marketing spiel..

I think you mean that because the average number of hairs per graft compared to FUE is less it doesn't give the same coverage as FUE?

I wasn't hoping for a full head of hair after one treatment, and I thought I would be borderline 2/3 treatments as I would still like to try and fill my crown at some point, I know this might seem greedy to some people but I would really like to get back to as close as I can to a full head of hair, and as like you Gaz this is essentially me buying my confidence back.

What's the reason why you don't take Fin, if you don't mind me asking?

My expectations are for the first session to fill in my receding area and the forelock at the front to most specifically make it look like I've got OK hair at the front and frame my face properly in any photographs and perhaps to get a bit more thickness just behind this area... I don't know if you think this is realistic or not I could be wildly off target here with my hopes would appreciate it if you could let me down now if that won't happen! :-)

I would say my donor is in good shape but I'm no expert, I could try and take a few more pictures if you think that might help?

Would you say you are still happy with your donor area even with 50% regrowth and 4 sessions now?

How many more sessions are you planning?
    Has anyone been on who's lost hair from the recipient after X number of years?
    Have you heard about the work being done by the Columbia and Durham university professors recently? Looks interesting but so far away still!
    How have your dealings with HASCI been, and what have they said at your last session?
    I am meeting Deborah, Is that who you see?
    Do you take time off work after each session?
    Are you happy with your results overall?

Sorry Gaz loads of questions but I'm very intrigued!

Thanks for all your time.

David