+ Reply to Thread

Default Can't give up now.

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and figured this would be the best place for support and help on what to do with my hair loss. I recently turned 18 and can now go any route with trying to get my hair back. The loss started slowly when I was around 14 and just got progressively worst. I'm now suffering from severe loss and recession in the temple area and I recently noticed balding on my back crown. I've tried a lot of different pills and topical's and so on, but it's hard to tell what works and what doesn't or if anything works at all. My hair was once everything to me as a child but now as a teenager I look like I have the hair of a 40+ year old. Because of my severe balding I don't experience life the way I used to. In my early years of highschool I was a social butterfly. Me and my group of friends were everywhere doing everything fun and productive. Now I just go to school then home and go to sleep. Meeting people is a real challenge now with my diminishing self esteem. I am "young" as some would say because of my age but when I walk up to new person it's very easy for them to assume I'm much older than they are so there never is really a good connection so I don't even try anymore. In the female area that's never really been an issue. My luck goes up and down with that but my hairline has killed my confidence and so whenever I see people now I just assume they're looking at my hair and not me. As previously mentioned this has taken a major role on me and I'm not productive in life anymore. When I was younger I worked and made enough money to buy 2 cars in high school. Now I'm complaining about gas prices. I'm not saying all this to brag or have someone feel bad for me. I'm saying this so you know how much my hair means/meant to me. It was my key to everything. I went to a hair loss clinic but then realized that they're only mission is to make money and what they were offering didn't seem worth the price of the kit. I just need to know if there's anything I can do other than plastic surgery to reverse my hair loss. I also saw a dermatologist and got prescribed propecia but I haven't picked it up because I'm afraid of the side effects. I'd have no hope for myself if I was the 1% who got ed and was going bald.

you story is the same as my story.i started balding at 14 and now am 24 NW 6. i did not take propecia because i was scared too from the sides. am taking it now and do not see any side whatsoever, but it is too late to save the hair. please do not do my mistake and hurry to get propecia as soon as possible or you may regret it later

Quote Originally Posted by baldybald View Post
    you story is the same as my story.i started balding at 14 and now am 24 NW 6. i did not take propecia because i was scared too from the sides. am taking it now and do not see any side whatsoever, but it is too late to save the hair. please do not do my mistake and hurry to get propecia as soon as possible or you may regret it later
    This!

Propecia can be scary. I get the fear. Nobody wants ED, but you don't want to be bald either. You could be in the 1% and if you are then just stop taking the drug. What if you are one of the great responders to Propecia? You will never know if you don't try it. The worst thing when it comes to hair loss is to be a "what if" guy. I am one of those guys wondering what shape my hair would be in if I would have tried finasteride much sooner.

Unhappy

Hello all, I have been on propecia for about a week I haven't noticed any positive difference in my hair growth. It seems to be getting progressively worst as it originally was. Good news is no ED. Bad news is no results and my insurance doesn't cover the meds. $45 a month is no big deal but I'd like to see some results. Before going to the dermatologist I said to myself I give up, there's nothing I can do but then got some hint of motivation and said I can't give up now, I should try it but I'm not seeing any improvement and might end up shaving my head completely. I wouldn't care about it if I thought I looked good bald. My father looks good bald but my head isn't as "round" as his so I doubt I'll pull it off half as well. I'll finish out this prescription and see where I'm at the end of the month. If no where I guess it's over for me and I'll just have to rely on my body and charm for self confidence because it looks stupid having such thick hair in the back and extreme thinning on the front.

Stay on the fin for at least 8 months to a year if u actually want to see progress , taking it for a month won't do anything

I saw great results adding big 3 but I used regenepure it deffinatly made a difference in scalp itch hairloss and growth. I recently lost density as I added saw palmetto made me horny and lose hair. I ditched it month later everything has halted but hairline is bad now .

Quote Originally Posted by NewHope View Post
    Hello all, I have been on propecia for about a week I haven't noticed any positive difference in my hair growth. It seems to be getting progressively worst as it originally was. Good news is no ED. Bad news is no results and my insurance doesn't cover the meds. $45 a month is no big deal but I'd like to see some results. Before going to the dermatologist I said to myself I give up, there's nothing I can do but then got some hint of motivation and said I can't give up now, I should try it but I'm not seeing any improvement and might end up shaving my head completely. I wouldn't care about it if I thought I looked good bald. My father looks good bald but my head isn't as "round" as his so I doubt I'll pull it off half as well. I'll finish out this prescription and see where I'm at the end of the month. If no where I guess it's over for me and I'll just have to rely on my body and charm for self confidence because it looks stupid having such thick hair in the back and extreme thinning on the front.
    Giving up after a week!?! Haha. Much more patience is needed. You will most likely have to wait close to 6 months before you see any improvement.