I have so mamy questions about hair systems
Ok, I recently had a HT surgery scheduled but cancelled due to lack of funds. Its undeniable to me that in this stage of my life, a HT is not the right course of action. But I'm still left with my NW3 hairline and lack of confidence. So I've postulated that perhaps a really good hair system will give me my hair and confidence back to tide me over until I'm in a better situation to have my HT. So here are my questions. Tracy C, you are more than welcome to give your advice here because you have helped me so much in the past:
1. Plain and simple, are they completely undetectable? Which ones are the most undetectable?c
2. Can you get one that just covers the hairline? My main loss is my hairline and the main thing I want to do is restore my hairline.
3. Which brand is the best? I've looked at Toplace and they seem very good but I'm not sure.
4. Can you use one that is longer than your real hair? I'd really like to have my long hair back. Will I have to wait and keep ordering them longer and longer until my hair grows back out?
5. Do they stay on good? Will they fly off when you get a faithful gust of wind?
6. Can someome running their fingers through your hair feel them?
7. This is all I can think of for now. If anyone has any helpful or useful advice or information about hair systems. Please don't hold back. I'm seriously looking into this as a great option.
I am not an expert on hair systems and I don't wear one. I have done some research so I think I can answer at least a couple of your questions.
1. Big determining factor would be in the quality of the piece and how it is cut. Color and thickness are also important. Blending it in is what will make it nearly undetectable.
2. Yes you can get them just for the hair line.
5. You will use some kind of adhesive to attach it. I don't think a gust of wind would be enough to pull up the piece. You shouldn't have to worry about wind if attached properly.
6. I have not heard of any that are undetectable to the touch.
Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls
I know this thread is from 2013, but hopefully I can answer it for new readers.
I have been wearing a hair system for a while now and it was one of the best decisions I have made. In fact, no one I know has ever regretted wearing.
1. A hair system can be a lace or skin. When done correctly, both should be visually undetectable. Skin tends to be thinner and good ones should be seamless in touch. However, you must make the right choice in colour and density and have a great cut in to keep it all as natural as possible
2. yes. they are called a partial front
3. thats subjective to which is best. its best to read and get a recommendation. there are some good suppliers out there with excellent quality control, but many more average ones.
4. yes. they usually come in 6 inch hair lengths, but you can go up to 30 inches and all the lengths in between.
5. I usually attach for 2-weeks at a time before removing and cleaning u and reattaching. In that time they are very secure. No hurricane will move it.
6. skin base items are less likely to be found out to touch.
By gemmatthews1 in forum Women's Hair Loss Treatments
Last Post: 08-10-2015, 11:48 PM
By sure hair international in forum Non Surgical Hair Replacement
Last Post: 08-02-2015, 11:05 AM
By witikajo in forum Non Surgical Hair Replacement
Last Post: 07-29-2012, 07:31 PM
By KMills in forum Non Surgical Hair Replacement
Last Post: 02-22-2012, 02:41 AM
By allenottawa in forum Non Surgical Hair Replacement
Last Post: 08-22-2011, 06:25 AM
» The Bald Truth