+ Reply to Thread

Default Quitting propecia after two years:(

Hi all,

been taking propecia for two years, had a good result hair wise in that it thickened and maintained the crown area for me. however the last 7 months ive been getting gyno, now i gave it a chance to ride it out, tapperd down to .5mg to see if it reversed and it didnt. il have to quit altogether to try to restore my chest basiacally. its a shame il have to go with just minoxidil alone which isnt really good on its own. anyway gyno is real, its embarrassing and a pain in the butt to lose presuming it goes even after ive quit this stuff. taking my last pill in the morning then its prob goodnight vienna to my hair,

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    Hi all,

been taking propecia for two years, had a good result hair wise in that it thickened and maintained the crown area for me. however the last 7 months ive been getting gyno, now i gave it a chance to ride it out, tapperd down to .5mg to see if it reversed and it didnt. il have to quit altogether to try to restore my chest basiacally. its a shame il have to go with just minoxidil alone which isnt really good on its own. anyway gyno is real, its embarrassing and a pain in the butt to lose presuming it goes even after ive quit this stuff. taking my last pill in the morning then its prob goodnight vienna to my hair,
    Same reason I stopped. But news flash....consider yourself lucky if you do get your chest back to normal. Took over a year for me and that was just the excess fat. The puffy nipples remain intact and have not improved. I work out so it makes it not as noticeable, but I regret ever taking Propecia.

I've been on Minox alone for over 2 years and have maintained the best I could. Least I can say I get normal morning wood, my brain feels fresh daily, and my muscles are firm like how they were prior to the flabbiness Propecia caused.

Not worth it IMHO. It didn't even do much for my hair, which is the shocking part.

Do you mind posting pics, this has been a worry for me too lately, about 1.5 years on fin

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Same reason I stopped. But news flash....consider yourself lucky if you do get your chest back to normal. Took over a year for me and that was just the excess fat. The puffy nipples remain intact and have not improved. I work out so it makes it not as noticeable, but I regret ever taking Propecia.

I've been on Minox alone for over 2 years and have maintained the best I could. Least I can say I get normal morning wood, my brain feels fresh daily, and my muscles are firm like how they were prior to the flabbiness Propecia caused.

Not worth it IMHO. It didn't even do much for my hair, which is the shocking part.
    but they surely receded somewhat no?? if your working out all the time. and your sexual side not really affected so??? at least minox is doing something. propecia is a deadly drug, like the side effects are supposed to be small yet honestly ive seen countless of posts here on their problems with it.

Sucks you have to get off the stuff since it was working. Gyno sucks though so you are making a good decision.