+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia Sides, please share your experiences

I would like to start a thread sharing side effects(or lack of) from Propecia.

I myself have been on Propecia(.5mg/day) for about 5 months with amazing regrowth.
    My side effects are as follows:

-Decreased, clearer semen.
    -Occassional dull ache in testicles.
    -Possible reduction in how long I last in bed, but Im not sure bout this yet(as this normally fluctuates with me).

These side effects are bothering me because I fear they will get worse(as of now they do not bother me much. I notice when I decreased my dosage(.25mg/day) I notice no pressure in my testicles, but I think I experience increased shedding at the same time(not sure of this because it was a short period of time, I did it for about a week and that likely isnt enough time to tell). What I will start doing now is taking .25mg every other day. I hope this will eliminate the sides, and still provide satisfactory results(I'm also using rogaine 5% so hopefully it will pick up the slack).

I have been to this site and it is quite terrifying to read what some people are going through with Propecia:

http://www.propeciahelp.com/forum/

I am looking for all professional advice(any Dr's with info on how their patients do on this stuff), and personal info about other people's experience, long term and short term.I think this is an important topic, and I hope that others will benefit from this thread.

Also here is my intro thread with my pics and progress:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1306

Thanks and I wish everyone luck.

I'm 20 and I take 1/5 a proscar tablet every other day, but when I first started like 6 months ago I was lazy and would only cut the pill into 1/4 pieces.

During my first week I took a rather large miss cut piece of proscar, the next day I had a warm ache in my pecks. I reeled in my dosage after that and things have been good. no boobs ect.

other than that no sides what so ever.

No sides at all been on it 10 years approx and fathered Twins first time the wife let me near her

Thanks both you guys for sharing.

I am trying to figure out how much of the propeciahelp scare is legit. Sometimes I read their stories and i can find things that were irresponsible on the part of the "user", like starting on 5mg, or having pre-existing medical conditions. Also the total memberlist of propeciahelp is over 1200, so maybe that is not so significant? I do sympathize with them however, and I do think taking a drug like this is can be dangerous business.

I cut my own dosage in half and the side effects have effectively vanished...I mean you should be able to control sides by adjusting dosages, right?

I notice its easy to "overdose" on this stuff if you take too much...You will feel funny. Not a good sign, but all the hair on my head is a good sign!

Its important to take the recommended amount 1mg. However studies show that .05mg are basically just as effective. Taking 5 mg of the tablet daily is complete overkill and i would be suprised if anyone can take that amount and not experience some side effects.