+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default My story, 20 year old Fin user

Hey, so I though I would give you guys some picture of my story and what Fin has done for me.

20 year old white male.

Had about 1 year of severe depression and stress and because of that I lost a lot of hair, decided to jump on the Propecia wagon on July 1th of 2013. Been on Propecia for close to 5 months now, I do think it has improved my hair a fair bit for the short period of time I've used Propecia.

In term of side effects I had some watery semen for the first 3 weeks, then it went back to normal. and for about 2 months I cum easier than usually, although that could very much have to do with a "trigger" in my head that was let go, as I had a hard time cumming before, that is also short of back to normal.

A few days before treatment.

7 weeks into treatment.

4 months into treatment.

Now I'm closing into 5 months and my hair is getting better by the day pretty much, I do get some severe shedding for about 2 days every month, might just be that I have long hair I notice when hair fall out a lot easier.

I lose about 2-5 hairs daily, 3 of them are usually long hairs and 2 of them are short "shed" hair as I like to call em.

My plan is to continue to use Propecia and if I'm unhappy after 1 year with my hair I will try "the big 3", if I am still unhappy after that I'll try to get a hair transplant and fix whatever I'm unhappy about, I am thinking about Dr Rahal or Dr feriduni.

My regime are the following:
    Propecia once a day.

cheers, I'll try to look to the forum quite often, although lately I just stopped checking all the hair loss forums because It's working out for me

A bit of an update, been going strong close to six months soon, on the first of January. Propecia done wonders for me, no sides.

Went on Rogaine last week, twice a day and got sides on it. headache that last for about 10 minutes after putting it on with tired eyes. Been having more dark spots around my eyes since I started, dunno if it's about me sleeping less than usually. Will slow my Rogaine down to once a day and see if the sides will go away. In term of the product I think its pretty easy, I bought Rogaine Fome, which is a spray version, you spray it on and you can usually style it within 5 minutes, and all the "wetness" or whatever you wanna call it is gone.

Will try to grab a few pictures when I get my phone back, as it's in the shop getting repaired

Marry Christmas!

Good to hear brother. Stick with it, marry Christmas!

Just noticed something crazy! Seems that I got more hair on my eyebrows, always had this cut mark on one of them, that's gone, and seems it got thicker than before

I think Rogaine is starting to kick in also, got some more hair on my hairline, still on it once a day and zero sides, playing with the idea of going up to twice a day although I will probably go through them like crazy, I just use it until I feel I got enough, they say "6 sprays per time" I do like 10 maybe.

Seven months fighting hair loss soon, I see these pre pictures and damn it's been a big difference already, hopefully It will continue and I won't feel the need to do a hair transplant.

Pictures:
    (6 months and 28 days on Propecia, 1 month 10ish days on Rogaine.)

Have a good one people!

Excellent regrowth. Fin can work wonders for some people.

That doe show good results for fin.

I am surprised to hear that Regaine had such strong side effects on you.

For me personally, fin is the one that had huge side effects. I don't want start a fin argument. I can see that with all the meds, they can have positive and negative results based on the individual. With Regaine, I had no side effects, but in terms of growth, I think I am getting good growth, but it's hard to tell if it's the Regaine or HT. But all in all positive.

If it's working for you, then keep doing it. If it's not broke...

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Excellent regrowth. Fin can work wonders for some people.
    Thanks a lot! Fin surely works great.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    That doe show good results for fin.

I am surprised to hear that Regaine had such strong side effects on you.

For me personally, fin is the one that had huge side effects. I don't want start a fin argument. I can see that with all the meds, they can have positive and negative results based on the individual. With Regaine, I had no side effects, but in terms of growth, I think I am getting good growth, but it's hard to tell if it's the Regaine or HT. But all in all positive.

If it's working for you, then keep doing it. If it's not broke...
    Yeah I was a bit freaked out by Rogaine once I got on it, got some big sides right away, they went away when I started once a day instead of two. could've just been that I got them before the body got used to it.

Great to hear you got growth! Do whatever it takes as long as it's within your healthiness

Good to hear fin is working for you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Affect View Post
    Thanks a lot! Fin surely works great.
    Just glad you weren't frightened away like most when they here the horror stories.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Notcoolanymore was so right Affect ,
    When one begins to use Finasteride/Propecia it is imperative to view it as one would taking a daily multivitamin. Take it and dont think about it!
    I have been on Fin' for practically 7 months now.
    My hair loss is much more substantial than yours was but...
    I DO SEE A CHANGE HAPPENING with my hair now.
    An example; At the company where i work , for safety reasons, all employees must wear a VISIBLE photo ID badge.
    I had recently had to update mine. After the photo was taken by the office worker,as they all do, he compared last years to this years image.
    He said to me,,"You have more hair on this one...why?" meaning the new badge ID he was giving to me.
    That was such a heartwarming conversation.....