+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Just glad you weren't frightened away like most when they here the horror stories.
    Yeh, I knew for about 6 months I was losing hair before beginning treatment, in hindsight I would've started earlier, but at the time I didn't really think i would lose so much, it wasn't until I actually lost a bit of my hairline that I went crazy and did some research and then booked appointment with a doctor to get Propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Notcoolanymore was so right Affect ,
    When one begins to use Finasteride/Propecia it is imperative to view it as one would taking a daily multivitamin. Take it and dont think about it!
    I have been on Fin' for practically 7 months now.
    My hair loss is much more substantial than yours was but...
    I DO SEE A CHANGE HAPPENING with my hair now.
    An example; At the company where i work , for safety reasons, all employees must wear a VISIBLE photo ID badge.
    I had recently had to update mine. After the photo was taken by the office worker,as they all do, he compared last years to this years image.
    He said to me,,"You have more hair on this one...why?" meaning the new badge ID he was giving to me.
    That was such a heartwarming conversation.....
    I agree 100%, I'm happy you see a change! Hopefully it will continue and 2 years from now we got a healthy amount of hair , I've read a few success stories with Fin and Rogaine, and it usually takes them about 1-2 years until it's perfect again, so let's hope it's there we're going!

So yeah, been close to 10 months now on Propecia and about 4 with Rogaine. I don't really look on Hairloss sites at all anymore, might be because I'm accepting it or because I am starting to see myself as a non balding person and it gets better all the time so. I'll post some new pictures once 12 months comes around, only problem I really see at the moment is my sides, they have lost a little hair and it isn't growing back so I feel a bit sad about that but o well you can't get everything I guess. No sides or anything still doing Propecia and Rogaine once a day.

See ya in 2 months or so.

If you are seeing improvement just keep taking fin and wait until at least 18 months before you make your final judgment. I am encouraged so far with the regrowth I have had, but no where close to satisfied. Hopefully the next 9 months will be good to me.

Your results omg wow

UPDATE time

I said I would update once I've been on Propecia for 1 year but it's been close to 11 months now and I'm quite happy and I took some photos after a shower so I could show you guys the fruit of my labor.

I still think I want some work done with my hair, maybe 1k Grafts just to make my hairline more clear and fix up the sides of my hair, although I probably wait 1 more year and see if I can get even better results and as I've not taken Minoxidil for that long that might make it even better.

10 months and 2 weeks on Propecia
    5 months on Minoxidil

Cheers guys!

Your progress is fantastic. Great to see such fantastic regrowth.

You are back to near NW1 status. Wow.

Looks good.

1 whole year in a couple of days since I started with Propecia, time sure flies. had some sides in the beginning, but they went away quite fast and since then I've just taken that damn pill once a day when I wake up each morning and then go on with my day.

My hair has gotten better, thicker and a lot more, I'm still thinking of doing a hair transplant in a couple of years if not sooner, my hair isn't ideal but I shouldn't complain. Soon 6 months with Rogaine also, seems to work fine. Hopefully it will get even better from here on out. Looking at my first pictures from the beginning it sure has grown a lot, haha so surreal to look at those picture and seeing me now.

See ya on the flip side!

Holy crap man, that is MIRACULOUS ! you're like a NW 1 now. Congrats