+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Oleyl Alcohol for CB-03-01

I have recently jumped on the bandwagon and bought 1g of CB from kane and I'm now trying to find the most effective vehicle (that can be realistically made at home) for its use.

After reading a few posts I've decided to try a 10% oleyl alcohol and 90% PG solution. However, I have no idea whereabouts to source oleyl alcohol from (I live in UK). Does anyone have any experience with buying oleyl alcohol or know where I can get it from?

Also, as a secondary theme to this post, how have people's experiences with kanes CB (form 3) been? Any success? I'll try and keep you posted when I sort out a vehicle myself for CB.

(also new to these forums but been reading them for a year or two, I'm 22 and around NW2 and have briefly tried minox 2% and bimat)

Quote Originally Posted by sc2013 View Post
    I have recently jumped on the bandwagon and bought 1g of CB from kane and I'm now trying to find the most effective vehicle (that can be realistically made at home) for its use.

After reading a few posts I've decided to try a 10% oleyl alcohol and 90% PG solution. However, I have no idea whereabouts to source oleyl alcohol from (I live in UK). Does anyone have any experience with buying oleyl alcohol or know where I can get it from?

Also, as a secondary theme to this post, how have people's experiences with kanes CB (form 3) been? Any success? I'll try and keep you posted when I sort out a vehicle myself for CB.

(also new to these forums but been reading them for a year or two, I'm 22 and around NW2 and have briefly tried minox 2% and bimat)
    Bro put the cb in freezer and wait for a vehicle . Kane is suppose to release one very soon

Yeah that's what my head says...but it's hard just to leave a possibility untested whilst my hair gets slightly worse every week!

Whatever I do, it'll be small batches I make so as not to waste the whole CB with one vehicle.

Has anyone seen the patent cosmo applied for the acne cream? This is what it said: ' Prepare a fluid cream containing 2 % cetylic alcohol, 16% glyceryl monostearate, 10% vaseline oil, 13 % propylene glycol, 10% polyethylenglycol with low polymerization 1.5% polysorbate 80 and 47.5 % purified water. Add 1 g of cortexolone 17α-propionate of crystalline form III to 100 g of this cream and subject the mixture to homogenisation by means of a turbine agitator until you obtain homogeneity '

Although, i've heard that people tried a cream vehicle for hairloss and it didn't go well but i'm unsure what cream people used.

cosmo acne vehicle is no good man

90% PG will definitely irritate your scalp. Oleyl is harsh too. I only know of one person able to use oleyl andhe mixes it with emu oil and seems to like it. Its only been a couple of weeks however. So no results in that vehicle as of yet.

If u look at the skin permeation charts, Oleyl greatly increases the amount of CB absorbed. Let me see if i can find the chart for u.

2010 cosmo study, page 74.

CA in PG 12.3ug/g skin concentration and penetration of undetectable
    CA in PG/OL 89.4 ug/g concentration and penetration of 141ng/ml/hr
    CB in PG 36 skin conc and penetration of 7
    CB in PG/OL 231 skin conc and penetration of 1410

CB in 9:1 PG OLEYL on human skin in vitro

too bad its too harsh for daily use.

why not add 3grams of cb to 60mls of minoxidil lotion?

Because u need a penetration enhancer. I assume the minox lotion your talking about is pg based. Look at the difference with oleyl.

The thing is oleyl won't mix with water or ethanol because its fatty. It even seperates from pg after a day. So u need something fat based like emu oil if u wanna use oleyl as your penetration enhancer.

Ionto is the best option, but its not economically feasable.

I'm trialing cb with 70% ethanol, 25% pg, and 5% dmso as my penetration enhancer. Its pretty much a shot in the dark with my vehicle. And I May swiitch to emu and oleyl soon.

Oleyl is super greasy. Even more than pg. But u can't ignore how much more cb's skin concentration is when using oleyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockin on NW4 View Post
    2010 cosmo study, page 74.

CA in PG 12.3ug/g skin concentration and penetration of undetectable
    CA in PG/OL 89.4 ug/g concentration and penetration of 141ng/ml/hr
    CB in PG 36 skin conc and penetration of 7
    CB in PG/OL 231 skin conc and penetration of 1410

CB in 9:1 PG OLEYL on human skin in vitro

too bad its too harsh for daily use.
    CB got its great results with only twice weekly usage (albeit with an iontophoresis device). 2-3 times a week with OL seems like it would be worth it

Any idea where you'd get the oleyl from?

Have you thought about dermarolling before you apply CB? You could regularly use a 0.3mm dermaroller without too much damage to the skin and that could possibly help with penetration. I also had this idea of putting some CB solution on the needles of a 1mm dermaroller and then rolling with it and seeing if that helps at all.

However, I'm also looking to start RU also and wouldn't want to use a dermaroller too often as it may increase how much goes systemic.