+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Inactive

Default Agenteye's 11 Month Post-Op photos from 4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal

I honestly can not believe almost a full year has passed since my procedure in Ottawa. What a crazy and awesome adventure/experience the whole thing has been.

First off, my apologies to everyone for not being super active and posting these photos last month when I took them. Sometimes life just gets in the way…..and on top of some family things that came up, I am back in school full time….and it’s really taking a lot to keep that 4.0 GPA up! =) Maybe I’m just an over-achiever!!

There haven’t been too many changes really from about 10 months on to now….however I do notice that my transplanted hair is finally “maturing”, and that the wavy/curly hair that started to come through is finally straightening out, and is much easier to style again. Although I’m going to miss the curly hair a bit, I’m happy at the same time that I have my original hair back.

As far as the current state of my hair, I am extremely pleased with how it all turned out. On a scale of 1-10, I would rate my success a solid 8……and not a 10 ONLY because the hair greed has set in, and I really won’t be fully happy until I have my second procedure with Dr. Rahal next year……there are still a few thin areas we didn’t address the first go-around, and I want to have some density added to my mid-scalp and crown…..maybe a slight addition of follicles to my temples as well. But otherwise, there is no doubt that this made a tremendous difference, and the whole aesthetic look of it all easily shaved 10 years off my age!! WOOHOO!!

I finally updated my phone last month, so these photos are taken on my new iPhone 5s, instead of the 4s (which the first 10 months were snapped with). The photos were taken in the living room of my friend’s apartment, under the harshest and brightest light I could find…….and taken without a flash of any sort. There is a tiny bit of hair “wax” in my hair for product….and I think I pretty much found the length I like the best. I really like my hair short-ish on the sides and longer on top (as seen in the photos below). I tried to snap several different angles to show you the “full tour” of around my head. I honestly think my hair looks better in person than it does in photos as well…..so you could say that I am very excited about the outcome. The photos were taken 11 months and 2 days from the date of my procedure, although I’m just 2 days short of my one year mark……so these are a little late to make it up here on the forums!

Since I will be taking one year photos, I will save my big post for that milestone…..and end it here for now. As always, please feel free to comment/ask questions/provide general feedback…..I’ve gotten a lot of messages, and it’s really great to hear the encouraging words.

Looking forward to posting my 1 year update in the next week…….

Best,

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpg

Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	24006   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-294.jpg

Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	24007   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-295.jpg

Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	24008   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-296.jpg

Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	24009   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-297.jpg

Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	24010   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-298.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	24011   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-299.jpg

Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	24012   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-300.jpg

Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	24013   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-301.jpg

Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	24014   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-302.jpg

Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	24015  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-303.jpg

Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	24016   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-304.jpg

Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	24017  

Your hair looks great! From the pictures it looks completely natural. Congrats on your results!

Inactive

Thank you so much for the comment! I'm very happy so far!! Looking forward to rounding things out with one final procedure. =)

Doctor Representative
    UK available to meet London and south east.

Looks very good and you are obviously very confident with it.

All the best for the maturity stage that is often over looked but takes time for the hair to mature as it cycles and becomes more manageable if longer.

Thanks for updating and best wishes.
    Representative for IAHRS Member, Dr. Chris Bisanga
    View Dr. Bisanga's IAHRS Profile

Looks good. Comb your hair back and take some more pics if you can.

Hey. Your hair looks great. Can you show us photos of yourself before you had the procedure done so we can compare?

Awesome result Mike! You're quickly becoming the Rahal forum posterboy.

Since the first procedure yielded so well you're set for life and the 2nd go round will turn it up to 11. When's the 2nd op scheduled? Can't see room to place more hair.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Awesome result Mike! You're quickly becoming the Rahal forum posterboy.

Since the first procedure yielded so well you're set for life and the 2nd go round will turn it up to 11. When's the 2nd op scheduled? Can't see room to place more hair.
    Hahaha, I don't know about that, but thank you very much buddy! I'm just trying to be as honest as possible and document my progress along the journey. There are some thin spots midscalp that bother me in certain lighting.....and although I seem to be the only one who notices it, I want it addressed.

DryBone-

Here is a link to my pre-op photos for comparison. Gives you an idea where I started from:

PRE-OP PHOTOS

Wow amazing results for one, I for one have my eyes set on Dr rahal and dr feriduni. I'm just waiting for things to get worse as I currently doing well on propecia, can I ask are you on any meds?

Inactive

Thanks so much for the compliment. I am obviously extremely happy with the results so far. I am currently on Proscar 5-mg (1/4 pill daily) and use Rogaine foam as well. I have used Rogaine for a couple years now, and have been on Finasteride (the Proscar) for the past 4 years or so. I wanted to make sure that the Fin stabilized my hair loss before I paid the kind of money I did to have a hair transplant =) I also take multi-vitamins and biotin daily, and use a shampoo called Revita.