Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redy
    • Jun 2013

Hair Color Change?

I've been on treatment for about 3.5 months now (fin/min/keto ; "big 3") and I think that it might be making my hair thicker and actually helping. Not quite sure, however:

I have grown my hair quite a bit longer, and I typically have had decently blonde hair. Not sun-bleached blind-you-blonde, but definitely not brown. Now, people are constantly asking me if I dyed my hair. I don't know what to make of this Like, I met some random girl who recognized me and she even said "your hair used to be a lot blonder, I wasn't sure if it was you still."

I know that my hair definitely gets darker overall as it gets longer for whatever reason, but I've been growing it longer to be able to push it forward to cover the thinning areas. I've never experienced these comments before, and almost everyone I know is saying it. It became a joke a few nights ago with my buddies, claiming that I dyed my hair.

Has anyone experienced this or have any explanation to this? It's not necessarily bad - I just don't understand it..
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

It is relatively common to have the hair darkening effect with aging and increasing hair length. I used to be a bleach blonde when I was a kid and know have medium brown hair.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• redy
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
      It is relatively common to have the hair darkening effect with aging and increasing hair length. I used to be a bleach blonde when I was a kid and know have medium brown hair.
      Same!

But it's weird - judging by comments at least, like the last time I grew my hair longish last winter, nobody commented on anything.

I'm hoping maybe my hair is starting to get healthier - as I would assume that thinner hair looks lighter, and darker when thicker.

Comment

Working...