Anyone willing to take the Bimatoprost plunge?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawg
    • Jun 2012

Anyone willing to take the Bimatoprost plunge?

Unfortunately, living in Canada I cant find a single place that ships to me at a good price.

However for you Americans, Bim is being sold for about 11-13 bucks per 3ml bottle(at all day chemist for example), sooo 50ish dollars a month give or take.

anyone with a little extra cash willing to see if this stuff works? from the few examples online it has definitely made a difference, from minor-very noticeable! Obviously it's only the 0.03% stuff though.
  • robodoc
    • Aug 2009

Prostaglandin

Tried bimaprost for several months. I noticed no changes.

Comment

• Hairismylife
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
      Unfortunately, living in Canada I cant find a single place that ships to me at a good price.

However for you Americans, Bim is being sold for about 11-13 bucks per 3ml bottle(at all day chemist for example), sooo 50ish dollars a month give or take.

anyone with a little extra cash willing to see if this stuff works? from the few examples online it has definitely made a difference, from minor-very noticeable! Obviously it's only the 0.03% stuff though.
      But side effect is sitll unknown.

I am worry about the pigmentation

Comment

• StayThick
        • Oct 2012

I have blue eyes and I wouldn't go near BIM. Not a chance.

Comment

• rdawg
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
          havent read of that affecting someone who uses it on hair. Makes sense for eyelashes as youre constantly putting this stuff on or near your eyes.

seriously you guys(not speaking directly to you) are interested in trying out crazy growth factors and untiraled stuff like RU but something that has proven growth isnt worth the risk??

you can see if this stuff works for you within a month or two, just use it on a small area, if you start to see side effects, just stop, simple as that.

Comment

• HairBane
            • Apr 2013

lol I wouldn't worry. In trials, bimatoprost caused literally no one to get darker irises.. and that's applying it directly to the eyeball for glaucoma. I think It just has the theoretical potential to cause it over a long period of time, in very rare cases.

Comment

• StayThick
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
              havent read of that affecting someone who uses it on hair. Makes sense for eyelashes as youre constantly putting this stuff on or near your eyes.

seriously you guys(not speaking directly to you) are interested in trying out crazy growth factors and untiraled stuff like RU but something that has proven growth isnt worth the risk??

you can see if this stuff works for you within a month or two, just use it on a small area, if you start to see side effects, just stop, simple as that.
              I'll stick to growth factors over BIM. BIM has been proven applied on the eyes or not that it can cause darkening of the iris. Why would I even want to risk that with a much higher dose but applied on the head?

My blue eyes are one of the last few traits I have that's girls love, I just wouldn't mess with it personally because it is linked to cause such a side. I'm using growth factors...my eyes aren't turning dark bro.

I'll take my chance on that.

Comment

• greatjob!
                • Aug 2011

I'll stick to growth factors over BIM. BIM has been proven applied on the eyes or not that it can cause darkening of the iris. Why would I even want to risk that with a much higher dose but applied on the head?

My blue eyes are one of the last few traits I have that's girls love, I just wouldn't mess with it personally because it is linked to cause such a side. I'm using growth factors...my eyes aren't turning dark bro.

I'll take my chance on that.
                The only time there was any signs of iris darkening was in the glaucoma trials when it was applied directly to the eye and it was rare. In the trials for Latisse where it was applied to the eye lid and outside of the eye there was no evidence of iris darkening that I'm aware of, so I'm not sure how you think applying it to your head is going to cause your eye color to change. In fact the warnings required for Latisse indicate the risk of iris darkening only when applied directly to the surface of the eyeball. If it doesn't darken your iris when you apply it to your eyelid, its definitely not going to do it when you apply it to your scalp.

Comment

• Dan26
                  • Jul 2012

id try it but its just honestly not worth it...especially if you willing to use experimentals and arn;'t worried about safety there better things out there

Comment

• StayThick
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by greatjob!
                    The only time there was any signs of iris darkening was in the glaucoma trials when it was applied directly to the eye and it was rare. In the trials for Latisse where it was applied to the eye lid and outside of the eye there was no evidence of iris darkening that I'm aware of, so I'm not sure how you think applying it to your head is going to cause your eye color to change. In fact the warnings required for Latisse indicate the risk of iris darkening only when applied directly to the surface of the eyeball. If it doesn't darken your iris when you apply it to your eyelid, its definitely not going to do it when you apply it to your scalp.
                    Obviously you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but Google BIM and iris darkening and you will get soo many people claiming they experienced the side effect.

Not worth the gamble if you have sea blues. You have brown eyes, be my guest. That's just me man. That's a serious potential side regardless if applied on the eye. Tell that to the girls that used Latisse and are freaking out as there light eyes turned dark.

Comment

• crafter
                      • Sep 2013

why's Bim so expensive?

Comment

• greatjob!
                        • Aug 2011

Obviously you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but Google BIM and iris darkening and you will get soo many people claiming they experienced the side effect.

Not worth the gamble if you have sea blues. You have brown eyes, be my guest. That's just me man. That's a serious potential side regardless if applied on the eye. Tell that to the girls that used Latisse and are freaking out as there light eyes turned dark.
                        I'm sure when you're applying this to your eyelids it's probably impossible to not get some in your eye, so I'm sure that accounts for the color change for some people. I wouldn't use this for eyelashes since the risk of color change isn't worth the small reward of longer eyelashes. However I don't see the concern if you're applying it to your scalp, I just don't see any way it could possible affect your eye color. But whatever, obviously you're free to do or not do whatever you want, I'm not using the stuff either because the stuff is too damn expensive.

Comment

• whatsgoingon
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by crafter
                          why's Bim so expensive?
                          female cosmetic drug. I guess we can assume sexist price gouging. As most female cosmetics are expensive if considered quality. OR we can assume it's because they have a patent and are in a market with no competition.

IF they released as a hair loss drug they'd have more competition. And possibly the patent would run out, not sure on the exacts of that. But prices drop with competition, they can surely have a higher price than minoxidil. But how much more? Couldn't be past RU prices. Which if I remember all the pricing correctly that would force them to lower their price. BUt more importantly RU is even more fringe so supply/demand plays into that. blah blah blah.

long story short its expensive now because of basic economic factors. It'll get cheaper if they release it as a hairloss drug, patent runs out, RU gets renewed support, or other hairloss meds come out.

Comment

• doke
                            • Jun 2009

With bimatoprost we do not know what amount to use but i would say at least 1ml to 2mls a day and thats to give it time to see if after a few months it shows some results if it does continue for a year and perhaps you could reduce the dose its all experimental as to what works and what does not but at these mls a day its going to be pricey but worth it if it regrows some hair better than minoxidil can.

Comment

• crafter
                              • Sep 2013

the new trials use a concentration 10 times higher than previously used.

Comment

Working...