+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

why's Bim so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Obviously you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but Google BIM and iris darkening and you will get soo many people claiming they experienced the side effect.

Not worth the gamble if you have sea blues. You have brown eyes, be my guest. That's just me man. That's a serious potential side regardless if applied on the eye. Tell that to the girls that used Latisse and are freaking out as there light eyes turned dark.
    I'm sure when you're applying this to your eyelids it's probably impossible to not get some in your eye, so I'm sure that accounts for the color change for some people. I wouldn't use this for eyelashes since the risk of color change isn't worth the small reward of longer eyelashes. However I don't see the concern if you're applying it to your scalp, I just don't see any way it could possible affect your eye color. But whatever, obviously you're free to do or not do whatever you want, I'm not using the stuff either because the stuff is too damn expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    why's Bim so expensive?
    female cosmetic drug. I guess we can assume sexist price gouging. As most female cosmetics are expensive if considered quality. OR we can assume it's because they have a patent and are in a market with no competition.

IF they released as a hair loss drug they'd have more competition. And possibly the patent would run out, not sure on the exacts of that. But prices drop with competition, they can surely have a higher price than minoxidil. But how much more? Couldn't be past RU prices. Which if I remember all the pricing correctly that would force them to lower their price. BUt more importantly RU is even more fringe so supply/demand plays into that. blah blah blah.

long story short its expensive now because of basic economic factors. It'll get cheaper if they release it as a hairloss drug, patent runs out, RU gets renewed support, or other hairloss meds come out.

With bimatoprost we do not know what amount to use but i would say at least 1ml to 2mls a day and thats to give it time to see if after a few months it shows some results if it does continue for a year and perhaps you could reduce the dose its all experimental as to what works and what does not but at these mls a day its going to be pricey but worth it if it regrows some hair better than minoxidil can.

the new trials use a concentration 10 times higher than previously used.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    the new trials use a concentration 10 times higher than previously used.
    yup, I think the max they used was 0.03% and 1% for the IIa trial, clearly not enough.

My guess is they saw some kind of result, especially in the 1% but felt the dose needed to be much higher in order to spend the major dollar amount it costs to go into the Phase III trials+release etc.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    With bimatoprost we do not know what amount to use but i would say at least 1ml to 2mls a day and thats to give it time to see if after a few months it shows some results if it does continue for a year and perhaps you could reduce the dose its all experimental as to what works and what does not but at these mls a day its going to be pricey but worth it if it regrows some hair better than minoxidil can.
    max 1ml a day my friend, heck i'd probably cheat and do 0.5ml or a little less than 1ml a day. That's around what most people used and still got results.

This is a worthy experimental treatment.

dont look at it from a year cost standpoint, it takes about 2-4 months to take major affect if its working, so realistically that'll set you back a little over 200 bucks, if you can return some of your hair(youre a good candidate if you have alot of vellus hair) that's well worth it. And if it doesn't work well it was worth a shot I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgoingon View Post
    female cosmetic drug. I guess we can assume sexist price gouging. As most female cosmetics are expensive if considered quality. OR we can assume it's because they have a patent and are in a market with no competition.

IF they released as a hair loss drug they'd have more competition. And possibly the patent would run out, not sure on the exacts of that. But prices drop with competition, they can surely have a higher price than minoxidil. But how much more? Couldn't be past RU prices. Which if I remember all the pricing correctly that would force them to lower their price. BUt more importantly RU is even more fringe so supply/demand plays into that. blah blah blah.

long story short its expensive now because of basic economic factors. It'll get cheaper if they release it as a hairloss drug, patent runs out, RU gets renewed support, or other hairloss meds come out.
    No competition in the eyelash growing market for sure.

hairloss though at a higher concentration? I really can't see this being the same price as say Minoxidil, it seems like this stuff is much more expensive to make.

My guess is 100 bucks per month to start off, however if they release around the time of Histogen and possibly Replicel, they'll get demolished, as this seems to cause only reversal of vellus hairs, while Histogen can cause some very noticeable growth in some(definitely not all) cases.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    yup, I think the max they used was 0.03% and 1% for the IIa trial, clearly not enough.

My guess is they saw some kind of result, especially in the 1% but felt the dose needed to be much higher in order to spend the major dollar amount it costs to go into the Phase III trials+release etc.
    they must think they are on to something to justify a new trial. So fingers cross.

I'm sure I read it may not take long to get FDA clearance because of its safety reecord with Lattise.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    No competition in the eyelash growing market for sure.

hairloss though at a higher concentration? I really can't see this being the same price as say Minoxidil, it seems like this stuff is much more expensive to make.

My guess is 100 bucks per month to start off, however if they release around the time of Histogen and possibly Replicel, they'll get demolished, as this seems to cause only reversal of vellus hairs, while Histogen can cause some very noticeable growth in some(definitely not all) cases.
    It's similar. It's not the same obviously. It's comparable as a topical that is like 10x more effective. But does that mean it's worth 10x more? If it was it would be more expensive than RU. And I think RU is around the same effectiveness just doesn't have huge production support.

So yeah, I do compare them on a simple product of use. Both for hair loss, one is dirt cheap (minox) is proven (minox). so to get customers to convert from minox to them or anything to them, they need to be affordable. Of course to us, we'd all buy it once more studies come out/more available to purchase. But the rest of the 90% who don't use these forums to communicate about their hairloss and just settle with advertisements as their thought process they need to be convinced by cost , results and time.