For the morons who think that NW0 looks strange on older men...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
    I agree!!! Some claim that one of his films can cause some psychological damage.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    BE RIGHT BACK, just going to watch eraserhead right now.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
      Doctor Representative
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
      BE RIGHT BACK, just going to watch eraserhead right now.
      I made the mistake of seeing that when I was in my twenties. I thought it was a comedy. My friend walked out of the theater about half way through. There's something toxic and disturbing about that film.

Chuck

Comment

• drybone
        • Dec 2012

I wouldnt want to be a NW 0 if it really exists. I take it women , boys and girls are NW 0 .

I had my transplants to give me back my NW2 . Achieving that goal is good enough. I even had a slight recede on both sides built in just to give it a mature flavor.

Once the density fills in I will be satisfied and move on with my life.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by drybone
          I wouldnt want to be a NW 0 if it really exists. I take it women , boys and girls are NW 0 .

I had my transplants to give me back my NW2 . Achieving that goal is good enough. I even had a slight recede on both sides built in just to give it a mature flavor.

Once the density fills in I will be satisfied and move on with my life.
          When I was 14, I first noticed I had some minor recession. I looked at things a lot different back then. For instance my family watched a popular TV show, The Fugitive, starring David Janssen. As a teenager, he looked bald to me. Some people thought he wore a hairpiece but he didn't.

forhair.com
          Cole Hair Transplant
          1045 Powers Place
          Phone 678-566-1011
          I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
          Attached Files

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Are hair transplants worth doing.

If you continue to bald, they seem to at best be a short term fix.

When I was 14, I first noticed I had some minor recession. I looked at things a lot different back then. For instance my family watched a popular TV show, The Fugitive, starring David Janssen. As a teenager, he looked bald to me. Some people thought he wore a hairpiece but he didn't.

forhair.com
            Cole Hair Transplant
            1045 Powers Place
            Phone 678-566-1011

Comment

• drybone
              • Dec 2012

forhair.com
              Cole Hair Transplant
              1045 Powers Place
              Phone 678-566-1011
              Jansens hair looks good for a 50 year old. I went for a little more hair than that but I the concept is the same.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                Doctor Representative
                • Aug 2012

We have a patient who is now 60 that's been coming to Dr. Cole since 1998. He had small hair transplant sessions every few years. In 1998 he was a Norwood 5. Now at 60, he appears to have a full head of hair. He had minor hair loss in the back. Men bound toward the Norwood 6 category can get natural looking results in the front that usually hang in there pretty well into moderate old age. Men do experience thinning of transplanted hair in their 60s + but at that age a little hair is better than none IMO. People who care about how they look when they are young, generally do care about how they look when they get older.

forhair.com
                Cole Hair Transplant
                1045 Powers Place
                Phone 678-566-1011

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Aug 2012

We have a patient who is now 60 that's been coming to Dr. Cole since 1998. He had small hair transplant sessions every few years. In 1998 he was a Norwood 5. Now at 60, he appears to have a full head of hair. He had minor hair loss in the back. Men bound toward the Norwood 6 category can get natural looking results in the front that usually hang in there pretty well into moderate old age. Men do experience thinning of transplanted hair in their 60s + but at that age a little hair is better than none IMO. People who care about how they look when they are young, generally do care about how they look when they get older.

forhair.com
                  Cole Hair Transplant
                  1045 Powers Place
                  Phone 678-566-1011
                  Attached Files

Comment

• burtandernie
                    • Nov 2012

Hair loss makes you look older all the way up through the NW scale. I think that is really the biggest downside to MPB and why most men care. I can tell you from experience its the case the majority of the time. A NW 0 makes you look unusually young just because most men do bald as they get older, while balding unusually fast at young age makes you look unusually old.
                    I think NW 0 looks unusually good its just such a rare sight. How can having too much hair honestly be bad? what are you smoking to think that.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by burtandernie
                      Hair loss makes you look older all the way up through the NW scale. I think that is really the biggest downside to MPB and why most men care. I can tell you from experience its the case the majority of the time. A NW 0 makes you look unusually young just because most men do bald as they get older, while balding unusually fast at young age makes you look unusually old.
                      I think NW 0 looks unusually good its just such a rare sight. How can having too much hair honestly be bad? what are you smoking to think that.
                      For me, I hate the thought of losing hair because I like being able to style my hair. I like having hair cuts etc.

If you are balding significantly, you lose a lot of styling options (as hair is missing). If you are receeding, again styling options become limited, as the hairline frames your face. At least if you have hair, you have the choice to go bald.

balding sucks, whatever way you look at it.

Those guys who pay top dollar to get a combover is a bit stupid as well. (Hair transplants)

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                        • Jun 2013

For me, I hate the thought of losing hair because I like being able to style my hair. I like having hair cuts etc.

If you are balding significantly, you lose a lot of styling options (as hair is missing). If you are receeding, again styling options become limited, as the hairline frames your face. At least if you have hair, you have the choice to go bald.

balding sucks, whatever way you look at it.

Those guys who pay top dollar to get a combover is a bit stupid as well. (Hair transplants)
                        I agree. Once you reach NW2 the only decent options you have are what, maybe a caesar, messy bangs??

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                          I agree. Once you reach NW2 the only decent options you have are what, maybe a caesar, messy bangs??
                          yeah, exactly what i am wearing.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
                            Depends on texture + density

If you have a wavy or loose curl texture, it is easy to style & look NW1 as long as you still have enough density
                            However if your hair is very straight or has very tight curls, or if it is too thin, you are in trouble
                            NW2 is not that bad in many cases. However NW2a is f*cked....forelock recession is a disaster

Comment

• Dav7
                              • Feb 2013

What on earth is a NW0? Does it imply some rarity in nature because this is about the only hair loss forum I've heard that term mentioned. I thought a NW1= juvenile hairline and it progressed thereafter until NW7 or anywhere in between.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dav7
                                What on earth is a NW0? Does it imply some rarity in nature because this is about the only hair loss forum I've heard that term mentioned. I thought a NW1= juvenile hairline and it progressed thereafter until NW7 or anywhere in between.
                                NW0 is made up by forum posters. It is because some people think the sketch of NW1 shows a mature hairline, mild recession etc
                                In reality the chart is just a bunch of rough sketches done by some guy before most of us were even born. These drawings should not be taken as gospel

All that really matters = is your hairline receding or not?

Comment

Working...