For the morons who think that NW0 looks strange on older men...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

For the morons who think that NW0 looks strange on older men...

David Lynch:

Imagine if he was bald, he would lose his signature look.

Ronald Raegen:

Handsome.
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

There is no NW0. The scale starts at 1.

Comment

• ccmethinning
      • Jan 2012

I honestly think Reagan's hair looks ridiculous. I truly believe that a thick NW1 on a man in his 70s looks unnatural.

Comment

• whatsgoingon
        • Sep 2013

i love it. "if someone was bald he'd lose his signature look." But obviously if he was bald his "signature look" would be bald. I guess it depends, are you saying he lost his hair as this look was established or lost his hair before he had an established look.

But that's all semantics. I don't think it looks strange, just out of place. Which I guess can be described as strange, strange is a very ambiguous term. Strange could be also out of the norm. So I'll settle with my final definition as out of the norm.

And sorry if this came off abrasive or too direct, just a bit tired. Also everyone whines a lot over semantics. But that's not you, just seems to be the theme this week on the forum. So I'm possibly just in an annoyed mood.

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

This is just as stupid as the posts that use individuals to show how bald can look good (Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, etc.).

Comment

• akai
            • Dec 2012

Having a full head of hair doesn't look ridiculous. Yes, it's not common for a guy that old to have hair that thick, but do you think he or anyone else would choose balding?

Comment

• Morbo
              • Jan 2012

Tbf David Lynch is one of the strangest directors in Hollywood with or without his hair.

And yes, what BigThinker said.

Comment

• capitan
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by BigThinker
                This is just as stupid as the posts that use individuals to show how bald can look good (Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, etc.).
                + 1

Comment

• greatjob!
                  • Aug 2011

So you found some examples of old people with perfect hair, so I guess this justifies your unhealthy delusional obsession with your hairloss ruining your life?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by BigThinker
                    Everyone looks better with a good set of hair.

So your point is flawed.

Comment

• Morbo
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                      Everyone looks better with a good set of hair.

So your point is flawed.
                      That was not his point and that wasn't your logic.

You were trying to proof that one old guy with unusual big hair is somehow the golden standard and ultimate proof that old people with big hair will always look better, where BigThinker countered that by saying that by that logic one man like Vin Diesel would somehow be the ultimate proof that bald men are somehow better looking than 'hairy' ones.

You can say "Everyone looks better with a good set of hair", but your (rather desperate) example simply does not substantiate that.

Comment

• Heisenberg
                        • Nov 2012

I would love to have Ronald Reagans juvenile hairline any day of the week.

In my view - a solid head of hair is a +2 to any mans appearance out of ten.

I reckon I scrape a 7.5 at best outta 10 WITH a full head of hair.

Thanks to losing hair, I place myself about a 5-6. I pull off the shaved look to some extent - but I'm just another space monkey then.

Only black men pull of bald in my view. The rest of us end up looking like fugitives, convicts and leukemia patients - unless we dish out on the tan and try to compensate with the muscles/meathead physique route.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's not something I personally have time to invest in. It's also a look not congruent with my ideal vision of myself. I want to be a suave James Bond type, not a gruff bruiser type.

So yeah, if I had Ronald Reagan's hair as a seventy year old, I would be very happy. Do I acknowledge it probably means less when you're that age.

Most likely.

Comment

• gldngamer
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Heisenberg

Thanks to losing hair, I place myself about a 5-6. I pull off the shaved look to some extent - but I'm just another space monkey then.

Only black men pull of bald in my view. The rest of us end up looking like fugitives, convicts and leukemia patients - unless we dish out on the tan and try to compensate with the muscles/meathead physique route.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's not something I personally have time to invest in. It's also a look not congruent with my ideal vision of myself. I want to be a suave James Bond type, not a gruff bruiser type.

So yeah, if I had Ronald Reagan's hair as a seventy year old, I would be very happy. Do I acknowledge it probably means less when you're that age.

Most likely.
                          +1

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Heisenberg

Most likely.
                            +1

at least Reagen if he really wanted to had the choice of going slick bald by shaving it.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                              Doctor Representative
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Morbo
                              Tbf David Lynch is one of the strangest directors in Hollywood with or without his hair.

And yes, what BigThinker said.
                              I agree!!! Some claim that one of his films can cause some psychological damage.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
                              forhair.com
                              Cole Hair Transplant
                              1045 Powers Place
                              Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
                              Phone 678-566-1011
                              email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                              I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
                              Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

Working...