Is FUE a stupid idea, since Pilofocus is out???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

Is FUE a stupid idea, since Pilofocus is out???

So, Pilofocus gets better grafts and no visible scarring.....is FUE now a stupid idea to even consider????

ALL HAIL DR. SPENCER KOBREN AND DR. WESLEY!!!!!!
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

I don't think so. Before pilofocus becomes a common procedure with the same cost as classic FUE, I'd say we'd have to wait a few years. Personally, I'm still going to have my FUE in February.

Comment

• Sparky4444
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by fred970
      I don't think so. Before pilofocus becomes a common procedure with the same cost as classic FUE, I'd say we'd have to wait a few years. Personally, I'm still going to have my FUE in February.
      How do you figure it will be a few years before Dr. Wesley starts offering this??? It will be approved this year and he can start doing it to whomever wants it...The donor extraction is the only different thing about this....The only question is how many other surgeons get on board with this...but as far as I'm concerned, I'll take the trip to New York to get it done...and I think there will be a long waiting list

...I don't know why there is so much apathy about this technique...If you have watched the presentation, I don't know how you can't be excited by this -- if you're planning the HT route.

..I think there are too many middle-age dreamers who think they can ever get their hair back like they were 19 years old...forget that, chumps...be realistic...this new technique will mean you won't ever be completely bald...And given the fact that guys are growing hair derma-rolling, I have no doubt there will be donor regeneration given the right protocol with this

Comment

• fred970
        • Nov 2009

I live in Brussels and I prefer going with a technique who has been around for more than 10 years (FUE) than going with something brand new that may have some unknown downsides. I don't want to fly to New York while I have high-skilled surgeons right here in Brussels.

If I want to make a transition without anyone noticing (I'm non receeder and almost bald NW5 with a shaved head), I've got to do it now. Some of us don't have the luxury to wait anymore.

Good luck with pilofocus, if it's your choice.

Comment

• Sparky4444
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by fred970
          I live in Brussels and I prefer going with a technique who has been around for more than 10 years (FUE) than going with something brand new that may have some unknown downsides. I don't want to fly to New York while I have high-skilled surgeons right here in Brussels.
          Fair enough...but you're young enough where I don't see the down-side to waiting a year or so...For us middle-ager's it's different because you get to a point where having a hair at 50 is pretty much useless, IMO..

...when you go FUE, you'll screw with your donor region and it may affect your ability for further HT's down the road...PiloFocus is still FUE, there won't be any downsides or unknown effects...

...I just wanted to squash this whole "it will be another 5 years" when it comes to this PiloFocus technique

Comment

• Assemblage23
            • Aug 2009

I might be naive but this new pilofocus thing might decrease FUE costs if you think long-term.

Comment

• losthair85
              • Oct 2013

Unfortunately, don't plan on Pilofocus to be available in 2014, I have spoken to Dr. Wesley personally on this matter.

Nevertheless, I am a firm believer that Pilofocus will indeed be a game-changer, as others have stated.

Comment

• crafter
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by losthair85
                Unfortunately, don't plan on Pilofocus to be available in 2014, I have spoken to Dr. Wesley personally on this matter.

Nevertheless, I am a firm believer that Pilofocus will indeed be a game-changer, as others have stated.
                has he said when it could be available?

Comment

• akai
                  • Dec 2012

Can someone aware me on what Pilofocus is?

Comment

• losthair85
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by crafter
                    has he said when it could be available?

The earliest sounded like summer 2015.

Comment

• fred970
                      • Nov 2009

And there will be a very long waiting list, so you can plan on spring 2016 to have it done, that means you'll have your results a year later, and if you need two procedures two years later. This treatment will still be in its infancy and you'll have to fly to New York. So 2018 to get half of my hair back (I'm a NW5), I'll be almost 30 by then, no thanks.

So bottom line, no, FUE is still not a stupid idea.

Comment

Working...