+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dr Cole, Acell, PRP... advice please???

Hello Everyone! I haven't been on this site for awhile now, but I am now ready for a HT. I am strongly considering Dr. Cole's CIT with Acell PRP. I am 31 now and been dealing with hair loss for 10 years. I have tried everything from laser therapy, shampoos, minoxidil, propecia(now on avodart .5mg for 5 years). It seems like i was keeping my hair for awhile but my receding hairline along with general thinning on top is affecting my life way more than i can handle. I am not bald yet but I need to to do something now. Does anyone have any advice on Dr cole? Acell Prp? I want to have a HT early 2014? And I have been researching for the past 5 years so i am not new to HT idea. Just want to be sure I choose the best dr for me...Thanks for reading!!
    -Shaun

I know a little about the guy. What would you like to know?

He loves what he does. He's passionate about treating hair loss. He's demoralized when he fails to meet expectations. He's just a regular guy, but he wants you to have a better life because you gave him the opportunity to make your life better. Now here are some negatives. He is brutally honest. If you are not a good candidate for surgery, he will tell you. If you want to do something that is not a good idea, he will let you know. Then again, he is malleable. If he does not like your idea at first, he will think about it. He might change his mind and feel like you have a better idea.

Well, i've probably said too much already. Best for you to look at all of the doctors and then make up your mind. Give the guy a call if you want too. He's from the southern USA and pretty personable. A lot of patients wind up staying at his house when they want to save money. His door is always open to guys with hair loss provided that they don't mind his hunting dog puppies. They might lick you to death.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Great response Dr Cole!!

Dr. Cole is the best by a large margin. I spent a year doing research on hair transplant docs. I flew across the country visiting various doctors, which was tough on me because of the expense. I met with Dr. Cole in July. He truly cares about his patiients. Dr. Cole is doing my scar revision next month. I would not go to anyone else.

I meant to say I'm getting scar repair by Dr. Cole. He's my last hope.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago99 View Post
    I meant to say I'm getting scar repair by Dr. Cole. He's my last hope.
    Chicago.... in my opinion and experience, you couldn't be in better hands. your research served you well. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks northeast! I have been following your progress from the beginning. I just saw the recent pics you posted. Your results look amazing. In fact, your scar repair by Dr. Cole prompted me to see him. I will keep you posted. Please do the same.

I actually just had a procedure done by dr cole on Monday.

Indeed Dr cole was very personable, as was his entire staff. I too did a lot of research and had several consults with other world renowned docs.

In the end I chose dr cole for his work with acell and prp, and that fact that he specializes in FUE only. I don't think anyone questions he is a skilled surgeon and researcher. I did find some mixed reviews on his "bedside manner", but that's likely from folks who can't except honesty and candidness.

My fears were immediately assuaged when dr cole greeted my with a smile and a back slap "what's this man doin here, he doesn't need any hair" lol. (I'm 40 and a NW 2.5ish)

He involved me in the process through out, from designing my hairline to where and how much density to add in thinning areas. He was also very attentive to pain management through out (I burned off the anesthetic quickly)

I really liked that before we started he performed some tests to measure hair shaft diameter and coupled with family history and age, it was unlikely my hair loss would progress significantly further.

We also agreed on 2000 grafts before the procedure, but he wanted to add a few more to finish things off to his satisfaction and gave me another 100 grafts at no cost.

All in all a great experience with dr cole.

Thank you Dr cole!

how can prp be offered when there's no substantial evidence that it works that well and hasn't been cleared to be used?

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    how can prp be offered when there's no substantial evidence that it works that well and hasn't been cleared to be used?
    PRP has been and is being used for some time now. Just google PRP and uses and you'll see its being used commonly by athletes to improve healling and decrease downtime. Do a little research and you'll find your answer.