+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile What do you think please?

Hello Everyone,

I am new on that forum and I want thank you first for the future comments you will hopefully post after this message

I am 26 years old and totally obsessed by the possibility of losing my hairs. I say possibility as for now the situation is not dramatic I guess but I can't stop checking how it is moving and my perception is that it is quite visible now. So please have a look to below pictures and tell me what you think.

I have been taken Fin over the past 14 months after seeing 2 different doctors that both said I was at a very early stage of thinning. This is second time I am taking it, first was at 21 during a year or something. I can’t say that things get worse over the past 6 years as my hairline is like that since I was 20. A far as I can remember I always had thin and oily hairs (lucky me…).
    I am posting pictures from this year with dry, wet dirty hairs. My scalp is visible all sides when my hairs are wet which has been like that forever but difference with dry hair is huge just wondering if it is normal for thin hairs…
    Also posting older pics for you to compare. Please tell me honestly how it looks like for you. Is it MPG for sure? Anything visible at this stage for non expert eyes? Someone that was in same situation and managed to keep hairs or not ? Goal is to reach at least 30 with that …

http://imgur.com/a/Vg53I

(copy paste in you browser if link is not active)

6th and 7th Pics are from Spt 10.
    1st is front area 2013 (right) 2013 (left)
    rest is 2013 dry or dirty November
    3 lasts are same day difference wet and dry difference is huge under same light and scalp is visible top and side so not sure that a big problem or just thin hairs...

I also tried to show natural implantation they take if I reverse head and comb dry. Does it look suspicious to you? Any change since 2010?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by linusadd View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am new on that forum and I want thank you first for the future comments you will hopefully post after this message

I am 26 years old and totally obsessed by the possibility of losing my hairs. I say possibility as for now the situation is not dramatic I guess but I can't stop checking how it is moving and my perception is that it is quite visible now. So please have a look to below pictures and tell me what you think.

I also tried to show natural implantation they take if I reverse head and comb dry. Does it look suspicious to you? Any change since 2010?
    A very important consideration is your family history of hair loss. We have a patient who had similar recession to yours when he was about your age. He decided to get one of those low youthful hairlines marketed by a well-known hair transplant clinic. He later regretted his decision because of the way the low hairline altered his appearance. It didn't look natural either. He had Dr. Cole remove around 2,000 dense packed grafts over several surgeries to restore his hair back to where it looked similar to yours does now. Our patient has no family history of severe hair loss, just typical male recession. Now he's in his 30s and basically could have any hairline he wants because he has an abundance of donor hair, but chose the mature look of minor recession.

As I mentioned, family history of hair loss is a very important consideration. Another patient of ours had a low youthful hairline grafted only to lose more hair on the top and end up with an unnatural band of transplanted hair across his forehead.

I recommend you try not to stress about your hair. You should wait a few years before going the surgical hair restoration route. If you decide to have hair restoration surgery, have a look at the patient results of the doctor you are considering. Hair restoration is an art and 100% natural looking results are common with great doctors. Unfortunately some doctors even in 2013 are turning out substandard work. An unnatural appearing hair transplant is worse than being bald.

Also stay away from robotic hair transplant devices. The technology is not yet up to speed IMO.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Your hair looks like a little bit thinner than the average but I think you are OK. Keep calm, later if you will have a sensible problem with hair loss im sure you will find solution for your problem. Nowadays you can choose from many alternatives.

Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but it sounds like you took fin in the past and then stopped, then got back on it. Your hair looks like it may be thinning, but still looks good. I would just recommend being consistent with your meds and you should be in good shape for a while.

Got it thanks. For now I am not thinking of hair surgery and you would scared me if you tell me I should

Again pics 6 and 7 are 3 years back. You see a difference with others? Even when dryed thinning is visible? Meaning people can notice I am starting losing my hairs?

So for you that's classic genetical hairloss signs right? Seems to be quite slow in my case as it is pretty much 6 years or more like that. Anyone older that was in same situation before his 30s ?

Have a good one

And Anita when you say the 'average' you talking about compare with other people or back of my head compare with other area?

Quote Originally Posted by Aneeta21 View Post
    Your hair looks like a little bit thinner than the average.
    Really????

I am going to be the voice of sanity here (and I will get criticised for it). But I do not see any baldness here. Your photos show a thick head of hair.

Simple as.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

The photo of your wet hair combed back was taken with a flash. That type of photo can be depressing.

If anyone has thick hair, it's my wife. She has no hair loss in her family, a low hairline with very thick, dense hair. I remember a photo I took where the back of her head had the sun hitting it a certain way. The light made her look like she had a bald spot in the back!

If you are ever in the Atlanta area, call our office and we'll perform a free HairCheck for you. This technology gives us a pretty good idea if you have any miniaturization.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by linusadd View Post
    And Anita when you say the 'average' you talking about compare with other people or back of my head compare with other area?
    Compare with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by medion1 View Post
    Really????

I am going to be the voice of sanity here (and I will get criticised for it). But I do not see any baldness here. Your photos show a thick head of hair.

Simple as.
    You are right.