+ Reply to Thread

Default The last man standing.

Mr. Nigam is done, there is no doubt about it. The man cannot double hair. All new members on here do not go to Nigam for a transplant.

The last man standing in the donor regeneration game is Dr. Wesley. We should know in 6-7 months what percentage of the extracted hairs regenerate. We know from artista that there is going to be regeneration it's just a question of how much? Also, how do you guys think Dr. Wesley is getting the regeneration? Is Acell the secret? How is his procedure going to be different from Nigam/Gho etc who have failed? The precision from the pilofocus instrument?

Let's move on to new topics guys. Leave Nigam and Gho in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    The last man standing in the donor regeneration game is Dr. Wesley. We should know in 6-7 months what percentage of the extracted hairs regenerate. We know from artista that there is going to be regeneration it's just a question of how much? Also, how do you guys think Dr. Wesley is getting the regeneration? Is Acell the secret?
    ACELL is definitely the method they're using combined with Pilofocus. Here's one of my comments along with a screenshot from his video presentation on Pilofocus:

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    If Pilofocus can be done on body hair, a lot of people will be set. My legs are really hairy, and all the hairs are just as thick and long as the hair on my head. I like my hair typically around 1-2 inches in length.

Does anyone know if a BHT with Pilofocus could be done? That plus safe donor zone hair should give some serious options for some people.

As for the regeneration bit, here's a screenshot from the presentation of the possible regeneration:

Now, if that photo is legit, then regeneration DOES happen... with Acell. Let's hope Cooley and Wesley pull it off. They do that, I'm making a large 'donation' to the both them in the form of copious amount of champagne and other alcohol.

I get the feeling that with the regeneration bit, there may not be so much 'hype' from Dr. Wesley right now is due to:

a) Pilofocus has been in the works for a while, thus all the focus will be on THIS being presented
    b) Regeneration hasn't been ironed out, so to me it'd be stupid to hype it up before we could reproduce the results consistently. Otherwise, it has the potential to ruin his credibility

Dr. Wesley *did* mention in the presentation that regeneration will be further investigated in 2014.

Having said that... looks like 2015 is going to be a pretty big year for hair loss sufferers with more confirmed news from Replicel, Histogen, Dr. Wesley's/Cooley's regeneration and potentially something from Follica seeing how theyre halfway through clinical trials. The race is tight..... and money is more important to any of these guys than the sympathy card.... or even integrity.

Yes, I realize that. The question is, is ACell the missing component to make donor regeneration a reality as everyone else has been failing? Does it ACTUALLY work? or is this another false promise? Will we see a substantial percentage of regeneration? or are we only talking 30%...

Yes, I realize that. The question is, is ACell the missing component to make donor regeneration a reality as everyone else has been failing? Does it ACTUALLY work? or is this another false promise? Will we see a substantial percentage of regeneration? or are we only talking 30%...
    False promise.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    False promise.
    I'm not so sure, Artista claims there will for sure be donor regeneration...and we know Dr. Cole is getting some regeneration with ACell....

but it is hard to be optimistic given the state of the hairloss industry lately...but Dr. Wesley is an extremely respected surgeon, I doubt he would lie about this...

I'm not so sure, Artista claims there will for sure be donor regeneration...and we know Dr. Cole is getting some regeneration with ACell....

but it is hard to be optimistic given the state of the hairloss industry lately...but Dr. Wesley is an extremely respected surgeon, I doubt he would lie about this...
    I'm not accusing him of not being truthful, he has actually been very conservative and cautious about the topic of regeneration. Astista seems like a good guy, but he was really trumpeting regeneration with this procedure, while Dr. Wesley himself has downplayed it more, so I'm not sure about what the reality of it will be.

As for Dr. Cole I respect him as he is a good doctor and always seems willing to try out and adopt new techniques, but like most doctors claiming regeneration nowadays I have yet to see any proof he is getting the type of regeneration he claims.