+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am going to get my first set of $75 per month real 1mg propecia for now and perhaps get 5mg prescribed at the next visit if possible. I don't want to use generic pills, but I am going to get generic 5% minox and keto.

Minox 5%, a 6 month supply for $26:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002V...=19WRVYXWS1WDZJG5BBC6

I am assuming the method and application is identical to regular rogaine. What do you guys think about kirkland?

Keto 1%, a 8oz bottle for $24:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032...=0A2KVBJ0FMDF7XQRRAPA

Do I need keto 1% or 2%/higher? I do not have a prescription for it, my doctor just verbally mentioned "nizoral shampoo", and I see that I need something with "keto" in it. How often should I be applying it? I hear it is too harsh for daily use.

Quote Originally Posted by hair204 View Post
    I am going to get my first set of $75 per month real 1mg propecia for now and perhaps get 5mg prescribed at the next visit if possible. I don't want to use generic pills, but I am going to get generic 5% minox and keto.

Minox 5%, a 6 month supply for $26:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002V...=19WRVYXWS1WDZJG5BBC6

I am assuming the method and application is identical to regular rogaine. What do you guys think about kirkland?

Keto 1%, a 8oz bottle for $24:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0032...=0A2KVBJ0FMDF7XQRRAPA

Do I need keto 1% or 2%/higher? I do not have a prescription for it, my doctor just verbally mentioned "nizoral shampoo", and I see that I need something with "keto" in it. How often should I be applying it? I hear it is too harsh for daily use.
    2% was too harsh for me, and you need a prescription to get it. Give it a shot if you want, otherwise get 1% over-the-counter.

Use 2x a week.

Thanks, I am going to start with 1% 2x a week.

In regards to washing my hair in general (during showers), is it ok to wash 1x daily every morning, or should I be using shower caps to limit my hair-washing days to the shampoo days? Or does hair washing have no negative impact on my hair?

Also, DUT vs propecia, I hear DUT is stronger. Why/when should I be considering it? I am picking up 1mg propecia tomorrow but very curious about dut as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hair204 View Post
    Thanks, I am going to start with 1% 2x a week.

In regards to washing my hair in general (during showers), is it ok to wash 1x daily every morning, or should I be using shower caps to limit my hair-washing days to the shampoo days? Or does hair washing have no negative impact on my hair?

Also, DUT vs propecia, I hear DUT is stronger. Why/when should I be considering it? I am picking up 1mg propecia tomorrow but very curious about dut as well.
    If you are going to be using minoxidil you will need to wash your hair daily. At least I do. My scalp does not feel clean after applying a couple of times. You should consider dut if you find propecia to be ineffective. You will need to give fin at least a year to 18 months to make that determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    If you are going to be using minoxidil you will need to wash your hair daily. At least I do. My scalp does not feel clean after applying a couple of times. You should consider dut if you find propecia to be ineffective. You will need to give fin at least a year to 18 months to make that determination.
    Thanks, just got my propecia today will start tonight. Is there an ideal time to take it? I am thinking 7-8pm every night would work best.

What NW would you say I am as of yesterday? I think I still look like 0-1 to most people but when I pull my hair back, I am at least 1:
    http://imgur.com/a/RPz7C#0