+ Reply to Thread

Default Shedding from other parts of head?

I started using minoxidil for my receding hairline over a month ago, now I've begun to shed from not only the front but from the crown and top of my head, and I mean a ton of shedding, is this normal? Will I grow back hair on my crown? I repeat, I am only putting minoxidil on my hairline.!

minox is only marketed for the crown, so I would apply it there. But it has been known to work on the hairline, just with limited success.

Also if you're applying it on the hairline that shouldn't attribute to shed anywhere but the immediate area.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgoingon View Post
    minox is only marketed for the crown, so I would apply it there. But it has been known to work on the hairline, just with limited success.
    Before I started minox on the hairline I had no hair loss or thinning at the crown, now my crown is getting thinner and thinner.. also accompanied by an itch/pain in my hair.

should probably see a derm but while you wait for an appointment hop on nizoral.

But like I said, it should only affect the immediate area of application. Unless you r scalp is soaked before applying. But that wouldn't target just one area, you have hair grow out your ears or something like that.

you might be just continuing in balding, and it just started happening in the crown... Or, it could be due to the minox.

nobody really can give you a definite answer, if you're worried about it start applying minox to the crown too and/or get on other meds like fin and keto shampoo.