+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I DON'T WANT A SHAVED HEAD! I want long awesome hair! I'm only good looking with hair, I look like shit without it. I've always been know for my long thick hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldnessfalls View Post

My ideal plan is to have the 1500 grafts, then get on some kind of meds I suppose. As well as minoxidil. Does anyone here think thats a bad idea?
    Meds FIRST, then you can CONSIDER an HT.

You're not getting your dream hair back anytime soon, just accept it.

Start treating your loss now and re-evaluate in about a year.

Don't forget to live life in the meantime bro. The future is uncertain, you could be in a better place hair wise in 3-5 years, or you could be in a worse place. I know it sucks but don't let it effect your ability to get out there and accomplish your personal goals.

Ok, figured out how to attach pics from my phone. Here you go.
    Attached Images

You have much more loss than I thought, there is no doubt you are heading to NW 5/6 territory. I don't think 1500 grafts is going to get you where you want to be, and transplanting an aggressive hairline would be a huge mistake even if you were on meds. If you head down the transplant route you are going to need to plant a conservative hairline and jump on fin, if not your going to lose the rest of your hair and not have the donor to keep up with your loss. Did the doctor give you any idea of how much donor he thinks you might have over your lifetime?

With the way you are talking you have very high expectations for what a procedure is going to do for you, and 1500 grafts isn't going to accomplish it. Realistically it would be foolish to transplant a aggressive hairline, if you do go through with a procedure now the only smart thing to do would be to transplant a NW 2/3 hairline. That way when you do lose more hair you might be able to keep up with the loss. I know you think things are bad now, but if you plant an aggressive hairline and don't get on fin you're going to be in a much much worse situation.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Hi Baldnessfalls
    I agree with Dan26 .."Meds FIRST, then you can CONSIDER an HT"
    Im much older than you and am at a NW5.
    I did extensive research on Finasteride , I also spoke with others who have been using it, talked to a couple of prominent doctors too.
    When I had (uncomfortably) asked my GP doctor about the possibility of using Fin' for my hair loss he spoke very positively of its usage.
    He had prescribed it to many of his patients.
    Not one of them had experienced any side effects and all of them have been getting positive results, at varying degrees.
    From very minimal results to very good results.

I have been taking Finasteride for almost four months now and my wife and i do see a positive effect.
    I have experienced NO side effects to date.
    Because you are so young this could be a very good thing for you to try BEFORE attempting a HT.
    Good luck Baldnessfalls

Ok, figured out how to attach pics from my phone. Here you go.
    Looks about NW4 in the front.
    Dutasteride, keto 2% shampoo for at least 14 months. Use minox also if you want, it will probably help. If you are stable after that amount of time then consider an HT

greatjob is right, 1.5k grafts is not near enough to get you to NW1. Unless you want horribly sparse grafts. Please just listen to this advice, I 100% guarantee you will regret it otherwise

My hair was wet in these photos and it makes it look worse. Thanks for the replies. I will consider all the advice that has been given.

Sorry mate, but there is no chance to restore your hairline to a nw1, even a nw2 with 1500 grafts with your current hairline. I bet, to fully restore your hairline you would have to use almost all of your donor hair.

My advice? Get a hair piece.
    You can start to consider a ht when you are in your 30's.

They've got a lot of money in their savings account. To be honest, I have no idea why they ask me for loans. I just help pay for some of their stuff because I like to help them out.

Orrr maybe you're just caught in a lie.

And why are you threatening to report people on a hair loss forum for giving you good advise in a tone equivalent to the one you use?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post

Orrr maybe you're just caught in a lie.

And why are you threatening to report people on a hair loss forum for giving you good advise in a tone equivalent to the one you use?
    Yep, I'm lying. You're so smart. And how cunning of a post this was. I wish I had your awesomeness!